14

I wrapped my hair in a towel, not in the mood to explain how it had dried. I hummed softly, fixing my shirts and twisting my pants so they weren't twisted. After I was sure I looked like less of a mess than normal, I walked downstairs and into the living room.

"What the Hades?" I mumbled, staring at the scene laid out in front of me. Kaldur sat on the floor with his head in his hands, Dick was cackling, and Wally, oh Wally, his hair stood up on end like he had stuck a fork in an outlet. I said as much.

"Um, no? Despite how much i flirt, I'm not an idiot," Wally said. 

"Mhm, keep telling yourself that." I sat beside Dick, and I pulled his blanket so it wrapped around the both of us.

"Hey!' He tried to steal it back, but my grip held firm.

"Sharing is caring." As if to accentuate my words, thunder boomed. Great, now Zeus is disagreeing with me teaching kids valuable life lessons. Wind howled, and the cabin creaked. 

"Was there a hurricane in the forecast?" Dick asked, moving closer to me. Next thing I knew, I no longer had even a portion of the blanket.

"No," Kaldur said. "The weather was forecasted to be clear. Even with the nature of oceanic storms, I have never heard of a storm this bad forming in so little time." He messed with his turtleneck. I frowned. Did Bruce have a change of clothes for both him and Wally?

"Well, it doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon, so what are we going to do now?"

"We can play board games, do jigsaw puzzles, drink hot cocoa, or we could watch TV like normal-" The room went dark in the middle of Dick's sentence. "Never mind," he said.

I sighed. "I'm going to drag my blankets down here." I stood up and walked away replying to the questions I got with, "I can hear the ocean better." On my way to the stairs, I passed Bruce, who was carrying food to the boys. When I came back down, dragging an entire beds worth of blankets with me, Bruce was carrying another two plates.

"Trade me." He expertly balanced two plates in one hand and took my blankets. He shoved the plates of spaghetti into my hands. He carried the blankets into the living room for me, and I gave one of the plates to Kaldur.

"Thank you, Percy." Kaldur smiled.

"No problem." I sat by my blankets and dug in. The food, while not Alfred level good, was better than I'd expect from Bruce, especially since I saw him mess up making toast. Once I finished, I walked to the kitchen and washed my plate before returning to the living room and forming a blanket nest. "Did you guys figure out anything to do?"

"What's with the nest?" Dick asked. "And probably find a board game. I'm pretty sure Bruce has at least twenty stashed  here; every place we stay usually has at least five."

"I like blanket nests."

Out of nowhere, a wide grin spread over Wally's face."Kaldur, truth or dare," he said. 

"That is a loaded question, as I will regret my decision no matter which I choose."

"Come on, dude! Pick one."

Kaldur never got a chance to respond. All of their phones went off at the same time. Dick checked his first. He groaned.

"Junior and Frost are attacking Star City."

"That's not your territory," Wally said. Kaldur's expression held barely concealed worry, and he kept a wary eye on me as if waiting for some sort of reaction.

"I know, but GA wants the Team to handle it, so Bruce hands it off. Something about putting even more distance between us and the Dynamic Duo."

"Which is smart," I pointed out. "There's less risk of us being targeted, so don't screw this up. Otherwise, have fun and try not to die, Dick. I don't want to see another cousin dead."

"Yes, ma'am." He smiled, nodded, and rushed away.

"I take it you know?" Kaldur asked.

"Yeah, he's...not as good at lying as some people I know."

Dick returned, standing in his full Robin attire. He tossed Wally something. "You guys ready?"

"Born that way, dude." Wally put on what Dick had thrown him: a pair of goggles.

"I will need to change into my uniform, but the storm should allow us to leave undetected," Kaldur said, looking out the window."

"Either way, you guys should hurry. The storm will only get worse." Especially if Triton and Amphitrite can't calm Dad down. They nodded and headed towards the door. Taking a deep breath, I prayed. I prayed to multiple gods, but mostly to Dad, asking for him to let up on the storm enough for them to get where the needed to go safely.

"I'll be back soon, Percy. Make sure you stay inside; Bruce will throw a fit if you disappear," Dick yelled over the howling wind. He, Wally, and Kaldur disappeared into the storm. Of course, the first thing I did after they left was disregard everything Dick just said. I mean, I didn't go through all the trouble of sneaking my costume here just to sit on my ass and do nothing. How I managed to bring it here isn't important, but it involves sneaky unpacking, repacking, and strategic half-truths.

"Did you forget something?

The sudden voice nearly ended up with my foot in Bruce's face. He caught my kick before going back to work.

"Why are you on the floor?"

He chuckled. "No particular reason. I'm going to head out on patrol, kiddo, don't go anywhere." He disappeared into his room. It was convenience if I'd ever seen it before. Entering my own room, I quickly pulled my costume out of my bag and changed into it. It was already wrinkled, but my appearance was the last thing on my mind.  Besides, it's not like I can take it to get it pressed or dried cleaned. How do they- I clenched my jaw. Focus.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I sighed and pulled up a map. Star City, Star City- There. Blipping on the screen was a crime marker. 

"Star City, here I come."

Original words; 914

Edited words: 1048

There was a bat in the house and I had to get it out before i could finish this.

(Also for any of y'all who read the original, i'm planning on trying to work bonus scenes in here so if you want some PM/DM me or comment or something)

See yah