8

My eyes were wide as I looked around. The place was awesome. I mean, it's a superhero lair underneath of a giant mansion. It's already awesome. But since this is the Bat Cave, it kinda made me want to do a flip or something. I probably would've done it too, if, you know, I wasn't in the Bat Cave?

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind. I can sneak back down here later and stare, but that's not why I'm here right now.

Even though I figured out that Bruce is Batman, even though I haven't known him for a week, I had a plan. A plan that doesn't matter right now. Either way, Bruce being Batman just made things a whole lot easier for me. Because if there's one thing I've heard about the Caped Crusader, it's that he's prepared for any situation. Hopefully any situation covers the situation I'm counting on it covering.

I started sneaking around, trying to avoid getting caught going through with this very, very rash, uniformed and, some might say, stupid plan.

I had no idea where he kept what I was looking for, so most of my time was spent wandering around, being careful not to touch anything. I didn't know if Bruce had alarms set up on his equipment or not, and I didn't want to be the person to find out. It would ruin my master plan. I snorted at my own thought. Nice to know I have enough drama from Zeus to become a villain if I want to.

No matter how long I walked, I still couldn't find it. I was half tempted to give up and head back upstairs so Beuce wouldn't start worrying. I didn't need to get the police involved this soon.

"Have you recieved any word from the police," Alfred said, his voice carrying over to me. I froze in place.

"None yet, but that's not surprising. It hasn't been very long. I'd go investigate myself, but if I did it would create a link between me and Batman.

I almost groaned. Great, both of them. I might have been able to sneak out if it were only one, despite Alfred's seemingly sixth sense. Pranking with the Stolls did have some payoffs outside of dish duty, but the two of them together was more risk than I cared to take at the moment.

"Perhaps offering a position similar to Master Richard's would prove useful."

"She's not trained. We built off of Dick's acrobatic abilities when we started his training. I want to keep them safe, you know that. Besides flipping Wally, she hasn't shown any form of combat ability."

I barely kept myself from laughing. No combat ability? None whatsoever? If I really wanted to, I could have given him a heart attack. Honestly, I was half-tempted to sneak over and say hi.

Bruce continued, "Besides, right now her emotions are changing on the dime. It's probably her way of dealing with the trauma, but she acts on her emotions, Alfred. We can't take that risk in the field. Imagine Connor, but without his invulnerability."

My eyebrows drew together before returning to normal. Different people, I know for a fact neither of the Stolls are invulnerable.

"Then why did you come down here, Master Bruce?"

Bruce heaved out a loud sigh. "She has evidence that I'm Batman, but I don't want her to get involved in this life. I might have to, but if we can avoid it...Alfred, I don't want to put her in risk unless it's necessary to her wellbeing."

"Shall we head upstairs? You have a meeting in two hours."

"Sure, but I'm leaving Percy here. I want to let her settle in before I start dragging her around with me. Oh, and Alfred?"

"Yes, Master Bruce?"

"Look up the deliveryman. There's no records of Percy's father, but if we work from her cousin we might be able to find something."