Takeout and Horror Movies

Start writing your story

Pairing: Corpse Husband x GN!Reader

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

WC: ~1.3k

A/N: This was a mixture of me craving soft domestic cute date things and Panda express...Enjoy!

"This movie is kind of stupid

"This movie is kind of stupid." You speak as you watch one of the two campers get mauled by the man-eating bear that has been stalking them.

"Yeah, I agree." Corpse voices his agreement as his hands run up and down your legs that were sprawled over his lap.

"Bears are scary at times, but to label this a horror movie is a disgrace." You say as the woman runs away as her fiancée gets eaten by the bear. You shake your head at the semi-bad acting as she breaks down into tears behind a tree.

A knock at the door saves you from watching any more of this woman's acting and your eyes widen as you realize what it is.

"Food's here!" You exclaim as you swing your legs off Corpse's lap and onto the floor. You hummed a made-up tune before opening the door to reveal your food on the floor in front of your door. You glance down the hallway to see the Postmates guy get into the elevator. You nab the food real quick and shut the door before walking back into the living room to unload your feast.

"I'm so hungry..." Corpse says as he watches intently as you start pulling out the Chinese food.

"My mouth is watering." You say as you empty the last two containers from the bag and onto the table. You hand Corpse some chopsticks and he gratefully takes them before opening up one of the containers. He leans back into the couch and starts to dig in while you open up all the containers to see what you wanted to eat first.

Orange chicken. That's what you wanted. You grabbed the container and broke your chopsticks before digging in as well. "Oh my god. This is so good." You mumble with your mouth full of the orange chicken.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Corpse jokes as he mumbles through his chow mein. You laugh and elbow his arm holding the takeout box.

"Hypocrite." You say with a small smile on your face. "Hey, share some chow mein." You say after a few bites of orange chicken. He picks up some noodles on his chopsticks and moves it towards your open mouth, laughing when the noodles and vegetables end up mostly on your chin. You laugh too as you try to move the noodles into your mouth with your lips; trying hard not to let everything fall onto your shirt.

"You almost got it," Corpse says as he watches you continue to attempt to eat the chow mein. He starts laughing and moves his chopsticks to your chin to try and help move the noodles into your mouth. You haven't stopped laughing and at this point, you have given up trying to get the noodles in your mouth and instead just let Corpse do the hard work. "You have to help me out here, babe." Corpse speaks through his laughter.

"Uh Uh." You deny as he finally moves the last noodle into your mouth. You start to chew and look down at your shirt to see some noodles and vegetables have landed on your chest. "Look, you've made a mess." You accuse as you glance between him and your shirt. His eyes widen and he points the chopsticks at himself.

"Me!?" He shakes his head, "you're the one who refused to help and let all the food fall." He says as he goes back to eating his food. You scrunch your face and repeat his words back to him in a mocking and also incoherent voice.

"I'm dating a child." Corpse responds as he moves to grab the Broccoli Beef box from the table. You laugh menacingly, like how a witch would laugh as her evil plans come to fruition, and turn your attention back to the 'horror' movie that was almost over. It's quiet for the next eight minutes or so as you both focus on the movie while devouring the takeout and finally the credits roll after an uneventful cliffhanger.

"Booooo." You boo the movie and set down your food before grabbing the remote. "That movie sucked." You comment as you browse Netflix for a different, hopefully, better, horror movie. "What movie next, babe?" You ask as you lean back and into Corpse's side. You rest your head on his shoulder as he hums in thought.

"Should we give a Netflix Original another chance or look at the classics?" You ask as you scroll through the Netflix Original Horror movie section. They all were questionable, to say the least. Some were too cliche, some seemed too boring, and the rest just seemed bad. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but the needle was teeny-tiny and the haystack was the size of a football field.

"Should we pick one blindly?" Corpse asks as he swings his arm over your shoulders; your position shifting into your favorite place as you rest your head against his chest right where his heart is.

"This is why you're the smart one in this relationship." You say as Corpse sets down his chopsticks and food on the table. "Okay, you tell me when to stop." You say as you fully open the horror tab on Netflix.

"You can't look though, that's cheating," Corpse continues, "Here, look at me." He finishes as he moves his left leg up onto the couch and faces his body towards you. He grabs both sides of your face and turns your head to face him directly; your body mimicking his motions as you lift your right leg onto the couch. You giggle at how cute he was before raising your eyebrows in question.

"Are we ready now?" You ask as you ready the remote and place your thumb over the correct buttons.

"Ready." He confirms with a small nod and you start with arrowing down, flicking through numerous movies with that annoying clicking sound it makes. Your curiosity gets the better of you, and you want to make sure you're still on the right screen, so you peak out of the corner of your eyes to try ad catch a peek.

"Ah Ah Ah." Corpse scolds as he moves his hands up to form visors around your eyes; blocking your vision of the TV, "No cheating." He smiles at you and moves closer towards you, his hand visors being the only barrier between you and him.

"You still haven't told me to stop." You remind him that he's in charge of ultimately picking the movie and he just shrugs.

"There's nothing good yet." He responds as he moves his hands slightly so that his forehead is resting on yours.

"And how would you know?" You question as you hold his gaze with your own. You smile as he places a small kiss on your nose.

"I just know." He quickly says as he places multiple short kisses on your lips, cheeks, nose, chin, and everywhere else on your face. You can't help but laugh at his actions and your heart swells with love for the man in front of you. "Okay, now stop." He instructs as he leaves one last kiss on your lips. You almost forgot that you were searching for a movie and that your finger was pressing the left arrow the whole time. You stop clicking and press the select button, but before you turn your head to look, Corpse speaks.

"Let me check first." He looks to his right at the screen and smiles before turning back to you.

"Is it good?" You ask with wide eyes at how excited his reaction was to whatever movie you had landed on.

"The best of the best," Corpse says and you get excited at the possibilities. You tun your head to see what movie you had landed on only to be met with something completely different.

"Corpse, this is the settings menu."