Blurb 1 (BNHA AU)

(set in A Different Life AU[aka my mha AU with Corpse]) Got requested to write a little jealous Corpse over Dabi interactions! It's not necessary to read the other "A Different Life" scenarios to understand this blurb. Hope this was nice 🥺🥺Enjoy!

"You need to make it a little less obvious

"You need to make it a little less obvious." You comment quietly as you watch Corpse glare at the man across the room.

"I can't help it." He mutters without taking his eyes off of Dabi.

"Y'know he does it on purpose," you crack your fingers and continue, "just to rile you up." You finish and he just groans before tilting his head to the side and glancing at you; eyes softening a bit.

"He gets on my nerves." He complains as he finally turns his body around towards the bar and lays himself on the counter. You bring your hand to rub reassuring circles along his back as he lays his head on his crossed arms.

"Mine too." You agree with a small snort. Dabi was really good at pushing your buttons, After just a few conversations when you first met him confirmed this fact and you've disliked him ever since. He knew this, probably felt the same way, but still would do anything to get on your nerves. And he did that by flirting with you. You would tell him to shut up and cut it out, more than likely threatening to burn him every now and then when he went too far, but he would continue to play along. Saying something along the lines of, "Oh, didn't know you were into some kinky stuff, doll." or, "Hm, maybe later when we're not surrounded by so many people." It was infuriating. And to top it all off, he usually would do this when Corpse was around, guaranteeing an arguement or a fight to break out. He hated Dabi and his flirting almost as much as you did. But, Dabi? He was just killing two birds with one stone.

"Hey, I know what we can do." You squeeze his bicep and smile at him as an idea pops into your head. He turns his head slightly and looks at you out of his right eye.

"What?" He asks and you wiggle in your seat from excitement at your great idea.

"Remember that little diner we went to a few years back?" His eyes furrow so you decide to elaborate. "It was some hole-in-the-wall place that served Belgian waffles French toast style." You finish and his eyes wide and he straightens his posture as he remembers the delicious breakfast you two shared.

"How could I forget something as amazing as their Belgian waffles French toast." Corpse states in a 'duh' tone and you chuckle.

"Well, come on, grumpy. I'm gonna treat you to some breakfast." You say as you hop off the seat and make your way towards the door. Corpse follows suit and you both grab your jackets that were hanging by the door before reaching the doorknob. You pulled open the door and gestured for Corpse to walk through, and he does so excitedly. You turn your head and make eye contact with Dabi, who's eyes were already in you.

"We'll be out. On a date. So don't bother us." You say quickly before following Corpse's footsteps and closing the door behind you before Dabi had any chance to say anything back. You wrap yourself around Corpse's arm as the cold morning breeze send a shiver up your spine and the dead leaves across your feet. You knew Dabi wouldn't have been jealous of you two, at least he would never admit it- to himself or anybody; but maybe just rubbing your happiness in his face every once in a while was your way of winning.

And right now, you certainly felt like a winner.