Warmer Jacket (pt.1)

Paring: Corpse Husband x GN!Reader

Genre: Angst

Warnings: small argument between Corpse and reader

WC: ~1.4k

Request: hiya! can i request an angsty fanfic of corpse x reader? for example, corpse didn't know that he has been neglecting y/n and one time when y/n confronted him, he just burst out and said something he didn't mean and then y/n decided to just leave him for a while (like went to a park or stay with their friend) and then yeah something like that

A/N: Thank you for the request anon! It's been a long time since I wrote angst so I hope this is good enough! Hope you enjoy it!

Your arm was starting to cramp up. You had been in the same position on the couch for the last two hours watching YouTube. You had started off watching some videos that were on the trending page, but it quickly spiraled into stupid animal fail compilations to Buzzfeed Unsolved videos and now your arm was starting to feel the tension of the position you were in. You turned your body and let your arm fall to your side as it started to go numb.

You were bored. So unbelievably bored. This wasn't how you expected your night to go at all. You expected popcorn, Disney movies, hot chocolate, a soft, fuzzy blanket, and your boyfriend, Corpse. Unfortunately for you, his friends had called him on to fill the last spot in an Among Us game. Usually, you would have been supportive of him, encouraging him to go play and helping him ease his anxieties, but this was the fourth date this month he's chosen his friends over you. You hated that you felt this way. So jealous over a stupid game. So unimportant.

You shook your hand as the feeling started to come back and picked up your phone again. You looked at your notifications and saw Valkyrae was still streaming. You had been trying to avoid watching her stream cause you knew Corpse would be on as well, but you were clicking on the video before you realized it. They were in the lobby, just running around in circles.

"Well, that was probably the last game for today!" Rae states as her red character follow the crowd around the room. "Corpse, thanks for joining when you could." Rae thanks him and you smile as you realize that your boyfriend will now be joining you back on the couch.

"It's no problem. I wasn't really doing anything anyway." Corpse responds and your smile instantly drops. Did your date mean so little to him? Instantly you closed the video and tossed your phone onto the cushion next to you. You felt sick to your stomach like you were going to puke out all the popcorn you ate by yourself. You heard some movement coming from the bedroom and your fight or flight instincts stalled. You were frozen in your spot on the couch. You hated confrontation, but you couldn't just ignore these feelings that were starting to crush you from the inside out. The door to the bedroom opened and Corpse walked out before walking towards the kitchen.

"Sorry, it was a bit longer than I thought." He stated as he started to re-warm his cup of now-cold hot chocolate. You hummed out a response as you try to figure out what to say. Should you even say anything at all? Would it make things worse or would it make them better? You barely moved when he had sat down next to you on the couch. "Did you not watch the movie we chose?" He asked you and you knocked yourself out of this trance you were in before looking over at him.

"Uh. No, I was waiting for you." You respond as he leans back into the couch, getting comfortable like you were before he got the text from Rae.

"You didn't have to wait for me, babe." He says as he leans over to kiss your cheek. You turned to him and just decided to ask him about what he said. You both had agreed that you need to be honest with each other about your feelings since communicating is neither one of your strong suits. So with fear coursing through your veins, you started.

"I was watching the stream and uh- you said something towards the end that is kind of bothering me." You look away from him and take a deep breath before continuing. "When you were leaving, Rae said thanks for joining and you said that it's alright and that you weren't doing anything anyway- and I don't know that comment kind of made me feel like you were disregarding our date and spending time with me and all that." You finished as your voice got smaller and smaller.

"I'm not disregarding my time with you. I love spending time with you, babe." He blows you off completely and you can't help but roll your eyes at his remark.

"Love spending time with me? You've canceled the last four of our dates to go play with your friends! You leave me out here for hours waiting!" Your voice starts to raise an octave or two as all these bottled up emotions start to unveil themselves.

"You're the one who's always pushing me into stepping out of my comfort zone and when I finally do, you yell at me for it!" Corpse replies in an equally annoyed voice. The fact that he's not even listening to your feelings is making your blood boil.

"Of course I want you to step out of your box, but I don't want you to cancel on me every time your friends call when we are supposed to be hanging out. I'm your partner, and it just feels like you're putting your job before me." You say and he just shakes his head while rolling his eyes at you.

"You're so fucking difficult to please." He exhales in a quiet voice, but you hear it anyway. Your eyes widen in shock and you pinch your lips together to try and keep your composure.

"Fine. You think I'm so fucking difficult, I'll leave." You comment as you get up from the couch and make your way towards the door. You grab your jacket from the hook and start to put your jacket on. Immediately, Corpse gets up from the couch and follows you towards the door.

"You know I don't mean it like that-wait." Corpse tries to grab your arm, but you pull it just out of his reach as you grab your keys and wallet from the table and open the door.

"Let me know when you're done being an asshole." You snap before slamming the door in his face. You wrap your arms around yourself as you make your way out of the apartment building and into the cold night.

It was a little after 11 and the cold was biting at any exposed skin. 'God, why was he being such an asshole?' You think to yourself as you make your way down the block. You weren't sure where you were heading to, but you knew the place well enough to know where not to go. You just needed some air right now and walking helps you clear your head so you can start to think rationally.

After a few minutes of walking, the park comes into view and you decided to sit down at one of the picnic benches. You fold your arms on the table and let your head rest on your forearms as you let a large sigh leave your lungs. You felt everything and nothing all at once. You were angry, upset, and guilty. You hated that you felt that way and hated that you said something, but you had a right to...right? You can't just keep these things to yourself. You've learned the hard way that bottling emotions, especially since being in a relationship, is not a healthy thing to do, and at the beginning of this relationship with Corpse, you got into a lot of arguments with him about this. And you both were to blame for that.

You had just hoped he had been more considerate and not as defensive as he was. He was so quick to turn you down, it was shocking, to be completely honest. He usually is never like this. He would always listen to your feelings and hear what you have to say, even if he may not agree with you, at least he would be calm enough to ask why you felt that way and how he felt as well. Why was this so different this time? You could guess that maybe he's on edge because of something. Maybe something about his anxiety or something to do with streaming or making music had triggered this event to happen. You weren't sure. You were between a rock and a hard place right now, with little answers and a thin jacket that didn't seem to keep the cold out as much as you wanted it to. You should've grabbed a warmer jacket.