Last Hope pt.2

Pairing: Ghoul!Corpse Husband x Half Ghoul!GN!reader

Genre: AU (Tokyo Ghoul!AU)

Warnings: reader blames themselves for a lot of things

WC: ~2.4k

Request: A continuation for the corpse husband tokyo ghoul au pls? maybe it could be the reader getting a makeover and learning how to work at the cafe ?

A/N: okay this took me a really long time and I apologize. But I finally finished...this chapter!! I might make a few more like a mini-series sorta thing. I don't really have a plan or anything (when do I ever) so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again for your requests and support <3 !! Hope you like it! (Also just like all my other work it has not been proofread 😊 enjoy the errors loves.)

"You're awake!" A cheery voice startles you as you peek your head out of the room you were in

"You're awake!" A cheery voice startles you as you peek your head out of the room you were in. "Sorry, sorry." Rae apologizes to you when she sees you jump and cautiously approaches you.

"It's fine." You reassure her with a small smile, feeling the dryness in the back of your throat as you speak. You were still unsure about where exactly you were and who all was around, but it was nice to see a somewhat familiar face this morning. Or was it already noon?

"Would you like some coffee?" She offers to you and you nod your head quickly, making her giggle to herself. "There's a change of clothes in the bathroom here. Feel free to wash up while I make your coffee. Just come down the stairs when you're ready." She says to you as she walks down the stairs herself. You look to the bathroom she had pointed at and walked inside of it, turning on the light and finally getting a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. You almost turned the lights back off at what you saw. Face sunken and bruised on the right side. Bags under your dull eyes and hair still wet from the rain and blood. You touched the back of your head where you had gotten slammed into the wall and felt the dried blood over the healed wound. You turned your body away from the mirror, focusing your attention on how to turn on the water.

After a nice warm shower that washed away all the blood, dirt, and grime you felt on you, you dried yourself off and put on the pair of clothes Rae left for you. It was a white button down and black pants along with some black socks. You wondered if there were shoes around you could borrow too, but maybe they didn't have your size. You open the door with your old clothes in hand and notice a pair of shoes on the floor in front of you. You smile, feeling a little relieved that they had remembered and were kind enough to let you use them. You walk back into the room where you had slept and set your clothes on the floor where the towels you had used last night had been, unsure of where else to put the dirty laundry. You sit down and slide on the shoes; a pair of black loafers and although they feel too big on you, you continue on your way down the stairs where Rae said to go.

You reach the bottom of the stairs and pull aside the thin white cloth used as a half door and emerge into a completely different room. You weren't sure what you were expecting this place to be; maybe just a normal house, but definitely not a cafe. A couple walks into the shop through the entrance and you hear Rae's voice greet them as they find a table. They were humans. You took a step out into the dining room and looked around at the interior. Dark wood tables contrasted with the white walls and black trim around the windows. Shelves were placed high on the wall with plants and cute coffee-related trinkets on them. A wooden sign with the cafe's name and decal covered the main wall that you see when you first enter. It was cozy and cute. How come you've never heard of this place before? Especially since it was run by ghouls.