A Different Life (pt.1) (BNHA AU)

Pairing: Corpse Husband x Gener Neutral Reader

Genre: My Hero Academia!AU, Villian!Corpse, Villian!Reader, angst

Warning: none

WC: 2k

Request: hello ! I would like to know if u could write a corpse husband × Gender neutral reader one shot based on the anime my hero academia? reader as a quirk that makes it so they melt everything they touch and you can choose corpses quirk. they are both villains and are trying to leave their villainous past together but ultimately cant do it. it could be fluff turned angst

A/N: so Corpse's quirk I chose was that he lets out a vapor that can effectively "kill" someone. He doesn't actually kill them, but they become paralyzed as a toxin enters their bloodstream and goes right to their brain. The person "drops dead" and their heart rate slows down and their motor functions are damaged so even if they were to move afterwards, they'd be slower and wouldn't be able to use their hands very well. Hope this makes some sense! Also i ended up rewriting this a few times because I've been in an oddly good mood lately and the angst wasn't flowing right 🤥, so I hope this was angsty enough 😓. Thanks for the request! I had lots of fun writing it for you <3.

 Thanks for the request! I had lots of fun writing it for you <3

"God, I wish they'd at least give us soap or something." You complain as you realize there was no soap for you to clean your hands with. "Such a shitty motel." You mumble under your breath before drying your hands and tossing the towel back onto the counter. You walk back into the main room to see Corpse running his hands over his face.

"Hey, you alright?" You ask in a calming voice as you take a seat next to him on the creaky, way-too-soft mattress.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just tired." His response is always the same, but you can't really blame him. Tired seemed to be the running theme between you too. You both have been on the run for almost a year now and the cycle never seems to end. Once you think the coast may be clear and you emerge from hiding under new identities, they find you. Whether it's the cops or the League, they've been up your guys' ass for a long time now.

"I know." You respond before leaning your head on his shoulder and rubbing his back soothingly. You want to do something. Something to make all this shit stop. But you don't know what to do. You've tried everything. Pleading with the League. Bargaining with the police. No one would take your olive branch and no one would believe you both just wanted peace. You wanted to be left alone. Away from villains and heroes, cops and just regular people in general. You both just wanted to go somewhere far away.

"We should get some sleep." Corpse's voice rings as out he gets up and grabs a spare change of clothes. You nod your head and watch as he walks towards the bathroom to freshen up and change. You sigh and change into your pajamas as well before laying down on the dingy bed; the single sheet and thin comforter doing little to keep you warm during these cold nights.