Last Hope

Pairing: Ghoul!Corpse Husband x Half Ghoul!GN!reader

Genre: fluff (mainly)/AU (Tokyo Ghoul!AU) some angst just because there's hinted death (none of the main characters)

Warnings: swearing, mentions of eating flesh (It's Tokyo Ghoul tho so it's kinda a given)

WC: ~4.3k

Request: a corpse husband x gender neutral reader  tokyo ghoul au where reader  is a half ghoul tattoo artist  and corpse is a full ghoul that makes masks for other ghouls . the reader goes to buy a new mask but  they are ambushed  by the ccg and corpse saves the reader and brings them to a ghoul friendly  coffee shop (maybe the owners of the coffee shop could be the amigops)

A/N: OKAY!!! I really loved to write this one, as you can see cause it's over 4 thousand words lmaoo, but really I loved this request and Tokyo Ghoul so much!!! Thanks for the request hun!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!! (side note-the title makes it sound super angsty, but I assure you it's not really that angsty at all.) (second side note- yes that is kaneki in the header 😋😋)

) (second side note- yes that is kaneki in the header 😋😋)

"Fuck." You swear under your breath as you take your mask off your face. You turn it around and groan as you notice the cracks on the left side and the big chunk that was missing from the right side. It was ruined. One more hit and it would most definitely be broken. You needed to get off the streets and fast.

You hide the mask in your jacket and pull your hood over your head, before making your way back down the alley. You had to be careful, cautious, and one step ahead of those assholes at the CCG. The doves.

It begins to rain and you're put more on edge as your sense of smell is dulled. You were close to where you lived. You just have a few more corners to turn before you are finally safe. Your lungs were burning with each breath you took and now that the adrenaline has worn off you could feel your left leg burning. You looked down and saw your pant leg soaked with crimson blood.

"Damnit." You mutter to yourself as you power through the pain and finally turn on the street you lived on. You froze before jumping back behind the corner as you saw two figures at your doorstep. "Fuck, fuck. Fuck." You swore to yourself as you peeked around the corner again. Two men, briefcases in hand, were knocking at your door to your tattoo shop, where you had also lived. They knew where you worked and lived now. Damnit, you're screwed.

You take off back in the direction you came from and turn down a different alley, hoping that a friend of a friend would be willing to help you out. He was the closest to you and when you met him to get your mask re-made a few weeks ago he seemed nice enough; a little quiet and shy, but he was your last hope.

He called himself Corpse and he ran a mask shop in an underground basement. He always wore a surgical mask to cover his face; you weren't sure if he did it because he was a ghoul and wanted to conceal his identity, or if he just liked the style. Either way, it suited him and gave him this mysterious aurora. It made you want to know more about him. Plus he makes great masks. But, you didn't know much else about him. You were just hoping he had an inkling of kindness in his heart to help you out.