Cure You With Cuddles

Pairing: Corpse Husband x GN!Reader

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

WC: ~1.2k

Request: Hello hello could you maybe write a corpse x reader where reader is dealing with a Crohn's flareup and corpse just generally comforts them? I saw where he said someone he cares about has Crohn's and I was like "omg EYE have Crohn's too!" anyways thank u so much I hope you are having a great day!!

A/N: Thank you for requesting this and sorry it's so late! Work and school got the better of me and my brain died a few times while trying to write this lol. I had to do some research on Crohn's so I hope I got some aspects of it correct. Anyways, here you go! (Also might change the name in the future idk man it's 1 a.m and brain is starting to shut down again).

"Babe? Is that you?" You hear Corpse call out to you as you walk into the apartment you two share

"Babe? Is that you?" You hear Corpse call out to you as you walk into the apartment you two share. You grit your teeth as another cramp rips through your abdomen. Your hand was clutching your stomach to try and diffuse one pain with another, but to no avail; it still hurt like a bitch.

"Yeah. I'm home." You reply before starting to peel off your jacket. Corpse emerges from the bedroom and his face lights up upon seeing you home- much earlier than he had anticipated. But your pained smile answered his question as to why you were home this early.

"Are you feeling alright? Is it another flare-up?" He asks as he meets you halfway, his arms immediately coming out to bring you into his. You groan and nod into his shoulder as you bring your arms up to wrap around his waist.

"They sent me home early." You mention as Corpse starts to rub your back. Something he always did since your back, and stomach, were always the first to feel the effect of a flare-up.

"What do you need me to do?" Corpse says as he pushes you away slightly so he can look at your face. He cups your cheeks in his hands and brushes his thumbs over the skin of your cheekbones.

"Didn't you mention streaming sometime today?" You question as you remember your conversation before you left for work this morning. He was nervous for this stream, as he always was, and you remember mentioning trying to leave early to help calm his nerves.

"That's not until way later. Let me make my baby girl feel better, yeah?" He says as he leans forward to press a quick kiss against your forehead. The simple action warms your cheeks as you make eye contact with him.

"Thank you." You say simply as you nudge yourself back into his chest for a hug. His chest vibrates with a soft chuckle as he kisses the top of your head and rubs your back again.

"Of course. Now, go get changed and I'll bring you everything you need." Corpse says as he drops his arms to his side. You frown at the loss of contact, but you listen to his orders and walk to the bedroom to get changed into something more comfortable.

After you get changed into your sweats, you make yourself comfortable on your bed, pulling the covers up to your neck and turning on the TV. You tried to distract yourself with the news, but ultimately found it way too boring to be distracted with, so you changed the channel to some random movie that sounded vaguely familiar.

You hate to admit it, but laying down felt even worse. At least when you were on your feet you were moving and thinking about something else. But now, all you could feel was your body throbbing in pain and your head foggy with drowsiness.

You turn your head, slowly as to not pass out, as Corpse walks into the room with his hands full. You start to get up to go and help him but he stops you with a pointed look.

"Don't you dare move, babe. I've got this." He says as he makes his way over to you. He kneels down and sets the glass of water—that he surprisingly doesn't spill at all, on the nightstand along with your medication, and a bowl of fruit. "One more thing," Corpse says as he holds his finger up and walks back out of the room. You start to open your medication and dump the pills into your hands.

Corpse walks back in as you swallow your pills with the water that he had brought and you smile as you realize he brought out the heated blanket. He walks over to you and places the blanket over you before plugging it into the wall.

"Do you need anything else? Are you hungry?" Corpse asks you and you practically melt at how caring he is.

"No, I just want you to cuddle with me." You say as you give him puppy-dog eyes and pucker out your bottom lip. Corpse smiles and doesn't waste any time as he climbs over you to the empty spot on the bed. He lands very ungracefully and with a 'humph' coming from his mouth and you laugh as he twists his body to adjust comfortably. He finally gets comfy and he turns his head to face you.

"Are you done?" You tease. He furrowed his eyebrows and held up a finger before dramatically readjusting, then pausing, and then doing it one more time. You laugh at his antics before grabbing his arm to get him to stop moving. He stops his movements at your touch and looks over at you again.

"Now I'm done." He states with a small nod as he lays his arm over your stomach and starts to rub gentle circles over your shirt.

"You're such a dork." You say as you scoot closer towards Corpse to rest your head on his chest. He laughs lightly at your comment and places a kiss on the crown of your head.

"So, how was work?" He questions as he moves his arm under your head to pull you closer to him.

"Work was work." You reply as your stomach tenses with another cramp. "How about you? How was your day?" You ask as you continue to try to distract yourself from the pain in your abdomen.

"Nothing interesting." He responds with a small shrug of his shoulders.

"Are you still nervous about the stream?" You ask as the blanket starts to heat up against your aching body.

"Yeah, I'm trying not to think about it too much," Corpse says.

"I can sit in with you if you want me to." You offer as you angle your head up to look at his face.

"It's alright. You need to rest." He says while giving you a small smile. His arm that was under your head angles so that his fingertips gently caress your scalp. You hum in approval of his motions and you lose your train of thought. You were going to say something about you not caring about resting and you wanting to spend time with him, but as soon as his fingers moved against your scalp your brain practically melted.

"Fine, but only because I can't think of a good argument when you do this." You reply in a muffled voice.

"Good." He simply responds as he continued the circular motions on your head. You had barely noticed that his other hand that had been rubbing your stomach had stopped and you were starting to forget about the pain in your stomach as your eyes were growing heavy.

"Thank you. I appreciate you so much." You mumble and you feel his chest vibrate with, what you assumed was, laughter and his lips pressing against your head one last time before surrendering to sleep.

"I appreciate you just as much. Sleep well, baby."