Warmer Jacket (pt.2)

Pairing: Corpse Husband x GN!Reader

Genre: angst to fluff!

Warning: none

WC: ~900

Request: hey warmer jacket popped up on my 'for you' thingy and i loved it! super good work, literally almost cried lol, i don't wanma rush you but would you write a part 2? if not i understand, and again amazing work! 🖤

A/N: WOW, so when you requested I was already working on a pt.2 and maaaannn, idk my brain is on a roll rn It's 3 in the morning it's my time to shine and write literally everything rn. Anyways... hope you liked it and thank you so much for your kind words! Hope you like it hun!

The cold nipped away at your fingertips as you tried to blow hot air on to them to make the feeling come back

The cold nipped away at your fingertips as you tried to blow hot air on to them to make the feeling come back. It seemed useless. Not enough hot air would make your fingers unfrozen at this point, but you didn't move from the spot at the picnic bench. You were frozen, both figuratively and literally, to the same spot you first sat down in.

It's only been about an hour since you stormed out of the apartment. You were hesitant about going back. You had certainly calmed down now and were ready to talk things through like a normal couple, but you were unsure if Corpse was there as well. You didn't want to go home and continue this pointless argument if he was still upset. But damn, was it cold out tonight. Maybe he went out as well to get some air or go for a drive and the apartment was empty so you could sneak back in and pretend to be asleep for the rest of the night. At least you would be warmer than you are now.

You wondered if he was worried about you. If he felt the same things you were feeling right now. If he was beating himself up over this. If he thought nothing of it and just went back to his friends. You would like to think the last thought wouldn't be true, but you were preparing yourself for the worst. You decided that you'd start on the way back to the apartment. You have stalled for long enough and it was time to be a grown-up and talk about what had just happened, even if that was the last thing you wanted to do right now. You stood up from the bench and swung your leg over before you heard your name being called out. You furrowed your brows and turned your head to see Corpse jogging his way over to you.

"(Y/N)..." He says as he tries to catch his breath. Did he run all the way here?

"What are you doing here?" You ask as he places his hand over his heart in an exasperated way. He really did run all the way over here.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here!? It's midnight and you're sitting in the park in not the greatest of neighborhoods, you know." He replies. You shrug your shoulders as you realize that he's right. Logically, coming out this late is not the best idea, especially since you had your face head down at the picnic table half the time and were in a pretty vulnerable state. It's silent as you both figure out what to say. Where to start. How to move forward from this.

"I-uhh-brought you this," Corpse says as he holds up a heavy jacket in his hand. You're not sure why you didn't notice it before, especially since he ran all the way here with it. You give him a look that spells out all your emotions; the guilt, the sadness, the hurt, as Corpse wrapped the heavy jacket over your shoulders.

"How'd you know I would be cold?" You ask in a small voice as you make eye contact with him.

"It's 50 degrees and we live in California. It might as well be snowing for us." Corpse responds and your anger that you had previously felt melted away into the warm feeling this jacket brought. You bring your arms forward and wrap around his waist in a sudden hug. He's caught off guard for a second but reciprocates the hug and squeezes you tightly. You felt better. Without even talking about anything it felt like it had been solved and you both were back on the same page.

"I'm sorry." Corpse apologizes as he pulls you away and runs his hands over your shoulders, trying to help you get warmer again.

"I'm sorry, too." You apologize as well and you gesture for Corpse to sit down at your picnic table as the inevitable talk takes place in this freezing weather.

"I'm sorry that I was disregarding your feelings and ditching you on date night this whole month. You were right to be mad at me for that comment as well. I was just trying to say something the guys would have wanted to hear so they didn't think I was leaving something important for them. Which is exactly what I was doing. I was just nervous- I guess- and-"

"You're rambling." You interrupt with a small smile on your face. He laughs and rubs his face as his leg starts to bounce. "The comment did hurt a bit, but I can understand why you had said it," You continue, "I'm sorry for just storming out on you in the middle of the night and worrying you. Also, I'm sorry if I'm pushing you out of your comfort zone too much. I just see such a great person and I want the world to see him the same way I do, but I understand if I was a bit aggressive." You say as you play with your fingers. Corpse grabs your hand and interlaces them with his own.

"I forgive you." He says in a high-and-mighty way that makes you bust out laughing.

"Thank you, sir! Your forgiveness is all I need in life!" You play along as you scoot closer towards him to give him another hug. He wraps his arms around you and you feel the warmth yet again surround you and the bad emotions leave you. You're glad you forgot a warmer jacket.