XVIII

After a long discussion, Jeno had agreed to let Chenle tutor Jisung. The alpha came everyday after his schedule. Jisung always had a chilled water bottle ready for Chenle. They didn't have filtered water so he'd buy one everyday for Chenle, It was the least he could do to return the favour.

Jeno didn't actually like it at first but he had no choice now. According to his experience people like them, from village, small families shouldn't mingle with rich people, because their lives were not the same. Yes, he was close to Donghyuck, and was slowly getting close to Chenle and Renjun, even Taeyong. It felt like a burden.

Although, Jeno refused, Donghyuck still helped him out in one way or another. He had to accept the help because Donghyuck would plead, give him puppy eyes and sometimes simply leave things. He couldn't help but feel like a charity case. He didn't like being this helpless, but there wasn't anything that he could do about it.
He was pretty sure the first impression Taeyong, Renjun or any other person had of them was of miserable people.

Jeno was in the phase where he should be looking for a mate as everyone he knew had one, he yearned for it as well but he made himself understand that it was not the right time now.

He didn't have any ideal type, but he wished for two things. Although, he fine with the either one of them or none. His wishes seemed to be very avid. Firstly, his mate should have a permanent job. Secondly, they should at least have a permanent roof over their head.
He was absolutely fine with either one of them being fulfilled. He thought, if his mate had a permanent job they wouldn't have to worry about the rent due date, bills approaching. Similarly, if they had had their house, apartment or even a room, at least they wouldn't have to worry about sleeping on the street if their financial condition was not stable.

Jeno was in a constant worry in the middle of the month, because he was aware that soon the bills would be due, he'd have to pay the rent. Bad thoughts lingered the back of his head, what if he couldn't do it anymore? What if Jisung ever got sick? What if he got sick? How would he pay for the medicine and hospital visits for he could barely make the ends meet.

The job he had right now was very demanding, all day he was lifting things up, it was a laborious work but the salary was not enough. At time like these, he thought, he shouldn't have quit school. Then again, who would have fed them? They surely would die from hunger.

While walking home from work Jeno looked at the dark sky, it was cloudy and the wind was really strong.
Jeno then gazed longingly at the street restaurants that were bustling with people. He wished to treat Jisung someday...

When?

He didn't know.

Maybe, someday. When he doesn't have to worry about his budget stumbling merely from eating outside for once.

He sighed and walked home.

He opened the door and was greeted with a sight of Chenle, "I'm home." He whispered and shook his head a little to greet the alpha.

He straightaway changed his work uniform and took a shower. He stood under the water feeling numb.

" You guys must be starving, I will quickly stir something up for both of you."

" Hyung, no! Please, I don't want to bother you." Chenle spoke.

"Nonsense! I have to cook anyway. Don't leave before eating."

Jeno didn't know what to cook for Chenle. He quickly started on kimchi stew and rice, with a side of stir fried vegetables.

" Dinner's ready." Jeno served them food.
" What?! Hyung, it's such a simple dish but I'm addicted!" Chenle gushed.
Jeno smiled genuinely and shook his head. "Please, eat more!"