V

Jeno's routine was easy to say but practically, it was tough. He woke up around five in the morning to do all the household chores such as washing clothes, cleaning and decluttering stuff. Their room was small, if anything was out of order, it popped out.
Jisung also helped him but Jeno discouraged it. He did not want Jisung to be affected by whatever that was not his concern. His day was already packed with studies. So, Jeno just wanted him to relax whenever he could.

Around seven o'clock, he'd prepare breakfast for both of them. There wasn't much just some plain porridge or simply salted congee. To them, it didn't matter whether it was breakfast or dinner they only ate a few dishes that were easy to be cooked and affordable.

At the end of the month, Jeno still struggled to pay the bills completely. They were living a frugal life and none of them blamed anyone and lived their lives to the fullest. Well... as full as it could be.

At seven-thirty, both brothers left their house to go to their respective duties but before that, Jeno always stressed Jisung about eating food on time.

Jeno's work began at eight every day and ended around midnight, there was no fixed time. On lucky days he'd bring the leftover food at home.

Winter was on its peak considering the fact that it was Christmas in a week. His family didn't celebrate Christmas, the only reason they looked forward to it was the sales that were also in its glory.

Jeno was making a list of a couple of things that he needed and thick blankets were on the top of the list. There was no heating system in their apartment so, the room got extremely chilly at nights. 

After that, next on the list were shoes and some school necessities for Jisung. He had also written a small lipgloss at the bottom of the list. In his mind, he said, 'only if there's some money left'.

He loved lip glosses and skincare goodies. Sometimes, Haechan would drop by and give all the samples and complimentary stuff that he received from the store. Jeno absolutely loved those cute things. One would be surprised to see for how many days a one-two millilitres sample could be used. But now he didn't even have those.

He also made a point at the very bottom, Bank draft Yoongi Hyung it read.
He had gathered the money and all he had to do was go to the bank.

He had a lot of stuff to do at the weekend... it wasn't his day off but the owner of the restaurant had given his staff two days off. He even gave them a little bonus.
Jeno wanted to make the most out of it. He would take Jisung out shopping so that they could spend more time together. He was guilty about not having enough time to spend with his brother. Jisung was very mature for a kid who was his age. The duo had gone through a lot of stuff, drunk dad, stepmom. Although, they had no step sibling their stepmom made their lives hell. With nobody to earn money, Jeno dropped out of school. Their condition was so bad they didn't have money to eat food at all.
Jeno took matters into his own hand when he turned fifteen. The only reason behind his sacrifice was Jisung. He loved his dear brother more than anything in this world for he was his baby. Jeno had raised him.

Jeno was passing by a stall selling chocolate truffle. It was Jisung's, favourite sweet. Jeno stopped in his tracks and walked closer to the vendor. He observed how the other person made it and it looked soft, rich, creamy and luring.

" Are you going to just stare at it?" The vendor's voice broke Jeno's trance.
" Ah, sorry." Jeno bowed and apologised quickly. He turned around to walk in the other direction but the vendor called him,
" you are not going to buy it ?" He questioned
Jeno smiled guiltily and shook his head. " I'm sorry, it looks delicious but I can't buy it right now... maybe next time."

"Wait!" The vendor stopped Jeno before he could leave. He handed him a small box of the sweet.
" I am going to close the shop and there is still a lot left. So, take it with you." Jeno shook his head.
" No, sir. You work hard to make these. I can't take these."
"Don't worry about that... I insist."

Jeno took the box reluctantly and bowed deeply. " Thank you so much! Chocolate truffles are my younger brother's, favourite sweets. Thank you." Jeno was truly thankful for the kindness. He bowed at the man and left.

He just hoped Jisung had eaten something because the first thing he was gonna do when he reaches home was check for things that could indicate if the younger had eaten food. If not, he would wake him up and feed him himself.

The lights were off indicating that Jisung was sleeping. He cursed when he couldn't switch on the flashlight on his phone. Ultimately, he had no choice but to switch on the light. He glanced at Jisung who just buried himself deeper into the blanket due to light. He kept his bag down and sighed.
He checked the pot near the stove. There was some leftover fried kimchi rice.
He quickly took a warm shower and ate the rice. He checked the container to see if there was something that he could cook in the morning. There were some rice and rice flour.
'Guess we'll be eating congee, then."

Jeno grabbed the box of truffle and placed it next to Jisung's bag. He turned off the light and got under the blanket, snuggling with Jisung. They hugged each other to feel the warmth.

On the other hand, Renjun kept that lip gloss with him every time.  He would stare at it and think about Jeno. Renjun wanted to visit Jeno's home place just to get a glimpse of his kitten.

Jaemin was always busy. He was always at work, leaving the house early and coming home late. None of them talked about Jeno but everyone around them were shocked to see the effect the omega had on the couple.

The coping mechanism of the dyad was different. While the alpha kept himself occupied with the office work, the submissive of the two was always stuck to Hyuck, urging him constantly to spill information about Jeno.

Now, Renjun was not a typical textbook omega like Jeno. He expected to present as an alpha. It was a shock for his family when he presented but his birth father had a hunch that he might present as one since he had experienced the same. 

Renjun's dad was an omega to four alphas. Both Renjun and his "momma" had the same personalities. Renjun's fathers were surprised when the news reached them, an alpha had finally tamed their only omega child. 
To say the least they were impressed but pretended to dislike Jaemin at first.
Jaemin was hellbent on enforcing a remarkable impression on the family and he was successful. It had taken four alphas to tame his momma. So, Jaemin was indeed special.

Renjun had three siblings, all alphas. Renjun was pampered all his life and he got everything he desired.
His fathers babied him and were overprotective of him. No alphas allowed except the family.
All brothers, elder and younger, adore him and his momma. All alphas in the family have a soft spot for them and they were constantly in the presence of alphas. A lot of skinship involved, although, both omegas pretended to dislike it deep in their hearts they crave it.

Renjun has always got the best of the best without any compromise or argument. In the begging of the relationship, Renjun tried to show Jaemin his dominance and humiliated him many times in front of their families but the alpha managed to show everyone who the real boss was.
Sure, Jaemin still ended up with scratches and marks on his body till this date but Renjun always ended up with double the number of bruises. His skin was so delicate that even a slight tug to his skin could lead to bruising but that is a story for another time.

Guys, I really appreciate the love you give to this book! It means a lot, thank you for being patient with this book.
Love you all 💚