Chapter 20: So Long Hero

1/3/20

7:05 am

???

"Lucas... Wake up, Lucas."

A loud groan exited me as I opened my eyes to feel wind and sunlight pouring on my face. A brown fox was smiling right at me, and I swear she was about to use a move on me if I didn't open my eyes. "Oh, hi Abby," I said while standing up. "...Is it that time already?"

"What time?" Abby responded while letting me sit up. Trees, trees, and an open plain came into my view, but my mind wasn't clicking for where I was. The Eevee thought to herself for a moment before I reminded her.

"You said you wanted to talk after what just happened."

"Oh! Oh..." She realized what I meant before looking down. "Um... I forgot what I was going to say."

I could hear her chuckle as I turned my head towards her. A soft smile came across my face as I ruffled the Eevee's head fur. "It's weird, you know? When you told me about me kissing you a few days back, I somehow remember that moment. Waking up at around 3 am in the morning to hear your concerns... And to see your stunned expression when it was said and done." My mouth exited a laugh while staring at her. "I just wanted to let you know that I love you..."

An embarrassed blush came out of Abby as she moved a step closer to me. "Lucas, I—."

"I know, I know. A Pokémon with a human-turned-Pokémon is kinda weird, especially since we've only known each other for a week. Heck, I don't even know why I've been thinking like this. It's like I'm different around you."

The Eevee politely shook her head before opening her mouth. "Lucas, look. I know we've had a bit of awkwardness between each other. But..." She paused to grab one of my paws. "I honestly don't mind."

An embarrassed blush came out of me before looking up. "Wait, did you just..."

"Yup!" She nodded before proceeding to hug my tiny body. "I know you're about to leave, but we can still talk if you wanted..." She chuckled before looking at me straight in the face. "Maybe when you come back, we can make it official."

This next part was weird. Abby was being so cheerful, she decided to move her muzzle closer before licking my right cheek twice. The electrical pouch didn't react in time, sending sparks when the Eevee already finished her licking. "...What was—?"

"Oh right," she stopped me with her chuckle. "That's how we Pokémon kiss... Licking each other." A paw moved behind her back before grinning. "I admit, a weird way for Pokémon to show a sign of love, but—."

Abby got interrupted when I gently pushed my face towards her, making her eyes widen. Her eyes closed a few seconds after, kissing back with the same passion.

We ended up doing it for so long... I forgot how exactly long, but we ended up stopping when we heard some bushes rumbling in the distance.

"...Okay, you can come out now."

Two pairs of ears came out of it, revealing Chris and Harmony staring at us while giggling. A death stare came out of the two of us, making Chris laugh even more. "You got to admit," the shiny Eevee said, "you two look like a couple already."

"Ha ha," I said crossing my arms before inspecting the tiny crowd. "Where's Cord?" The entire room became silent as they looked at me, almost wondering how I didn't know about it already. "What?"

"...Cord told us he wasn't coming back with you," Chris admitted.

"What?!" I softly placed Abby down before staring at the Mew. "And you didn't stop him?"

"I can't force anyone who's been out of the deal to come back." She crossed his arms. "Besides, I don't think he's going to leave. The guy's still shaken up a bit since Darkrai got away..." Harmony trailed off while looking down. "Look, I would ask him to tell you why he's staying, but the guy just placed you down here in Weird Woods and teleported back to his cabin on Misty Mountain."