Chapter 15: ...What's Telepathy?

1/2/20

9:00 pm

Nearby Charred Chambers

The nighttime sky shines very brightly at night. The stars felt like it was at its closest to this world right now. It truly was a sight to behold. Meanwhile, I wasn't paying attention to any of it. I was too focused on running nonstop to Charred Chambers.

"Lucas, you still haven't told me how we're going to find Abby and get Cord back from the Darkness." Chris moved right next to me after eventually picking up speed...

Okay, I admit that I exaggerated when I told Chris I had a plan. I'm a procrastinator, okay? I always come up with a plan in the last second. My train of thought was about three quarters of the way when the silver Eevee asked me that. "I'm still working on it," I responded, trying my best to pronounce each word slowly.

"Then can you answer this at least?" He glanced at me before reaching an open plain, the same plain that Cord and I spent on my first night. Guess it's time to ditch my procrastination plan. "Why are we heading to Charred Chambers first?"

...Let's give the warning first.

"Let me say that this idea has no guarantee of working..." My throat cleared before continuing. "The shadow dropped an Escape Orb, which was how I escaped in the first place, just before it attacked Abby. My hope is that was the only Escape Orb it had and must get through the random floors Charred Chambers has."

In case you were wondering what I'm talking about, Charred Chambers has an about forty-seven percent chance of having a random number of floors. This can be as tall as two floors all the way to the lowest being ninety-nine floors low. The other fifty-three percent makes the dungeon have its default floors, which is four floors. Cord told me about this after our team had a New Year's mission there.

"Okay, what about if that wasn't the only Escape Orb it had?"

"...Let's just hope not." After stopping briefly for me to get a quick five-minute power nap, the two of us arrived at Charred Chambers. By the look on Chris' face, he looks afraid of what's going to happen here. I placed a paw on the Eevee's back. "We are going to find her, Chris."

"I know..." Chris looked at the familiar rotten sign hanging on top of the cave. Someone should really refurbish these signs soon. "I just think we might have to face a Pokémon like Bisharp to have a shot of getting her back."

Well if you're thinking like that, then I hope something doesn't screw us early on.

***

9:08 pm

Charred Chambers B2F

I jinxed it two minutes in. Three times as many Pokémon I've ever seen in one dungeon were here attacking both of us in the first second floor room we entered. We were already fighting when Chris made his remark. "I hate Monster Houses," he stated, jumping towards the air. He fired a Shadow Ball at a Machoke, which fainted soon after falling.

"I know," I quickly agreed with a groan. "Especially when the stairs are in this room!" I used Iron Tail to block attacks coming from a double team made of a Lycanroc and a Boldore. I had to rely on defense during this period, swiftly dodging attacks coming from both Pokémon. After a few moments of dodging, I got scratched by the arm by the Lycanroc. "Think you can help me here?!" I yelled at Chris.

"Hold on!" Chris used Sand Attack to blind the Pokémon he was fighting and went to me. At the same time, both the Lycanroc and the Boldore backed up to fire sharp rocks from Stone Edge straight at my direction. Chris jumped right in front of me and used Protect to block the attack. "Now!"