Chapter 18: How to Fight Against Yourself!

1/3/20

12:20 am

Darkness Headquarters 2F

*1 Hour Remaining*

I was kinda wondering when the first sign of us being spotted would happen, and my question would be responded with an alarm echoing throughout the halls and some of the lights turning red. I could hear Chris groaning from the blaring alarm that deafened our ears. "Please tell me that's the 'don't come in this area' alarm and not the 'oh shit, someone figured out we're here' alarm," I said while the three of us were quickly trying to find the stairs. To be honest, this place felt like its own mystery dungeon—if the layout for each floor would be the same every time you walk in it.

"I would want to believe it's the first option," Chris said trying to yell over the alarm, "but we can't do that now! Let's just hope we don't run into anyone."

He turned right and stopped himself from moving because a group of Pokémon with fire eyes were staring right at the three of us. "There they are!" one yelled. "Charge!"

'He just had to jinx it, didn't he?' Fighting obviously was a bad idea because we were highly outnumbered, so we only had one option left for us.

"Run!" Abby yelled. All of us turned the other direction and started to follow Abby's instruction with a bit of urgency...

I guess you could say this next part is gonna be a bit comical. You know how sometimes when protagonists go to another pathway and the people chasing them take the same hallway the protagonist were going—even though they saw the person change direction?

Following Abby, she tried her best going through multiple hallways in the seemingly huge floor, causing her to open a random room door and she pulled us in there. Soon after, the same thing I just mentioned earlier happened. "How did..." I questioned pointing outside the door. I eventually sighed of defeat. "Never mind..."

"Alright," Chris said trying his best to break my and Abby's silence, "how are we going to find the stairs now?"

"Well..." Abby started looking around the room. The room somehow looked like a traditional Japanese room, with the floor, inside doors, and the walls being bamboo. "We can take some items from here, I guess."

The three of us started moving around the room, scouring for items. There were two closet doors, which I decided to take the right one, while Chris took the left closet. Inside my closet was a Reviver Orb, Sleep Seed, and two Oran Berries.

The stairs somehow fit inside the closet leading to the next floor. "Alright!" I turned to Abby and Chris. "Guys I found the—." I immediately paused myself to look at the area where Chris opened to. There weren't any beds in the other room here, which made me think that this was like a "employees lounge" or something like that. As it turned out, Chris opened a door to a bedroom, not another closet.

In there was the Swampert we all faced in Idle Island, wide awake.

Chris—who was still in front of the Swampert—cursed silently. "Get out of here, Lucas!" he yelled.

I didn't know why, but I decided to activate Turbo Boost. Not for fighting, of course—I know I would be in a disadvantage—but for an unconventional reason. An idea somehow popped on my head, so I decided to do it by approaching Abby. I kneeled to her height and used both my paws to transfer my energy and deposit my energy to and from Abby. Her eyes turned blue and she started blinking momentarily after.