Chapter 3: Time Flies

A/N: Just to be used as a reminder, hello is telepathy and it will be used starting this chapter.

12/27/19

12:00 pm

Plains

I'm a picky eater. Whether it's no cheese in a hamburger, to not eating sardines entirely, I limited my food choices. So I was very reluctant to eat the three blue berries Cord gave me.

"Come on, Lucas," Cord urged me, "I know you have a habit of not trying new foods, but you're going to have to get uncomfortable here."

You could say that again. After a few moments of inspecting, I lifted one of the blue berries in the air and took a bite of it. I kept on chewing on it until I realized...

I enjoyed it! My mouth was slightly open with the chewed food still there-which I admit wasn't proper, and I stared at the berry I took a bite out of. I quickly swallowed what I had and started eating as quickly as I could. "What is this? It tastes so good!" I asked with some food in my mouth.

"That, my friend, is an Oran Berry."

As it turned out, I finished eating all the berries I had when he finished the sentence. "That. Was amazing!!"

"Glad you liked it," Cord responded smiling.

I stopped myself from enjoying this moment. I'm having a real conversation to Cord for the first time in years...

Years?

"Ahh!" I fell back from where I was sitting onto the grass floor. "What was that?!"

"Oops," Cord said walking on his two feet, "I forgot to mention I can look into Pokémon's thoughts since I'm a Psychic type now. That and... telepathy." He gave me a hand... Paw? Whatever, he gave me a "paw" to get up and I took it. "But really," Cord said surprised, "What did you mean by years?"

"I-Um... It's been more than a year since I last saw you." A moment of silence occurred, with Cord staring right at me.

"You're joking, right?" Cord said with his eyes widened. I slowly shook my head from that. "How long?"

"Well, it depends," I said, "If time works in sync here with our world, then today has been exactly three years since you left." Cord walked three steps away from me in total shock.

He took a deep breath, and said under his breath, "You've got to be kidding me."

I tilted my head confused. "Something tells me you're not happy."

"Damn right I'm not happy!" Cord said, shooting his head straight at me. "She told me that I could come back after a year."

'She? Who the heck is 'she?''

...I have no idea.

"Wait, what?" I stared at him stunned. How could Cord not remember who someone looked like? Cord looked at me in the face, with a stern expression. It's almost like—.

Oh crap...

"You forgot everything when you first arrived, didn't you?"

Cord expression turned into a slow nod. "I don't want to talk about it now."

And once again, silence took over. Cord got to eating his portion of berries—which barely I resisted to take his food, just barely.

After a while I decided to ask the elephant in the room. "Cord, can I ask you a question? What the heck did I do in Charred Chambers?"