Chapter 13: The Truth Hurts... A Lot

1/2/2020

9:57 am

???

It's been two days since I told Abby about what happened in Misty Mountain and let's just say she hasn't taken it well. When I told her the truth, she fired a Shadow Ball right at me, sending me to the depths of the sea. It was lucky that Cord would know what any human would do—swim straight into shore. Cord came to the beach to pick me up, and Abby didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

I was at least satisfied with Chris convincing her to make small talk with me.

'Damn it, I can't sleep.'

My eyes slowly opened to see an abundance of white. "Uh, oh." The white surrounded me for miles... No doubt about it. "This is the first place I saw Cord again..."

"Hey Lucas!"

I immediately turn around—Electro Ball out—to face a Pokémon. It was Harmony.

I sigh. "You scared the heck out of me!"

"You've been having some trouble lately... I just wanted to contact you."

I close my hand with the Electro Ball and sit down. "You're contacting me through a dream?"

"You don't know about this place?" Harmony started floating above right me. "This is the Dream World!!"

Her voice echoed throughout the flat terrain of white. "Dream World?" I asked.

"This place is the meeting point of all three Universes. Space and time get pretty weird around here, which would explain why Cord saw you three years ago and you saw him about a week ago."

I guess it would... Wait. "How are you here? Wouldn't you be a part of this randomness here?"

"Not exactly. To put it simply, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon get a 'Time Placer Card' so we can pinpoint exactly when and where we can go to the Dream World." Harmony dropped to my height "Enough about me. I hear Abby's pretty angry for you kissing her," she said, giggling after.

"Angry? More like pissed. She doesn't want to talk to me... And I don't want to talk about her right now."

"Alright then." Harmony agreed. "What about Turbo Boost?"

Why did I have a feeling she was going to talk about that? "Let me guess, you saw the fight I had with Bisharp, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did. Some of the Legendries also felt that your energy was increasing exponentially and was about to start investigating. But I was able to convince them that it was their imagination a few hours after that. You're welcome."

"Thanks, I guess?" I responded. "Can you tell me anything about it?"

"Hold your arms out."

I hesitantly put my arms out and waited. 'Is Harmony tricking me or something?'

Thud!

A heavy book formed right in front of my eyes and sagged from my arms. I glanced at the book, then looked at Harmony.

"Right... You don't know about it." Harmony said grinning. "Basically, if you imagine an object, it usually can be shown here." Harmony used Psychic to lift the book to her height. "Turbo Boost—or by its technical name Laevo Turbo—is the effect when a Pokémon can reach unimaginable speeds, and possibly more. Not much is known about it, as it has only been rumored throughout the world. But you're not the only Pokémon who has been seen using Turbo Boost."