Chapter 5: Meeting... My Partner?

???
???
???

    You know that feeling when you pop into existence while dreaming? The last moment I remember is Cord smashing an orb, making me black out. But I wasn't outside, looking at the skyline. I was inside, seeing a straw roof barely keeping it together. So where am I now?

    "Lucas wake up!"

    My head turned to see a young Eevee open a door in the corner to what seemed like a living room. I couldn't open my mouth to ask who the Eevee was, because I already knew her name.

"Hi Abby," I said waving my paw while still laying down... This confused me; how do I know who she is? I've only seen Cord and the Bisharp that almost attacked us just a few minutes ago. Not her. Once again, my mouth opened while not thinking straight. "So what's up? Pretty sure I can see breakfast when I can."

As my head peeked around to see a Sylveon and Jolteon cooking some berries, the Eevee closed the door shut. "Manny, I need you to remind me of something. During that month you were away to the Golden Coast, did you meet something close to an exploration team?" To my nod, she asked, "Can you tell me about it?"

My memories could be seen pouring in about a month's worth of being a Pokémon. Battling, socializing with other Pokémon, and the explorations teams she was talking about. Despite all the knowledge, I still didn't know what she called the Golden Coast. I looked down for a few seconds to realize a blue scarf was under me, and it was supposed to be for Abby here.

"Exploration teams..." My head turned back to the Eevee before smiling at her. "Well, there was one group that caught my attention... It was called Team Crusade, which had two Riolu, one male and one female, a Grovyle, and I think a Celebi was a part of the team." The Eevee's eyes suddenly sparkled with the mention of the Mythical Pokemon. "Yeah, I'm surprised how they even got her." I pulled the blue scarf out of my bottom before placing in on my lap.

The Eevee gulped silently before moving her body to face me. "So Lucas... Can we create an exploration team?" I had no control over my body, so I literally was placed in the back seat while my body blinked a few times surprised. "I know that you just came back from the Golden Coast, but I really want to explore the world. This continent at least. And honestly I don't think I can do it without you."

"I don't even know who you are!" is what I felt like saying...

My mouth kept shut as I wrapped the Eevee's cream fluff with the blue scarf. "Wha-What is this?" She said shocked from the object I revealed to her.

"Consider it my partner's gift, Abby. I'll make a team with you."

Her eyes brightened once again before pouncing on me, giving a hug softer than with any other creature in my world. A smile formed in my face before a white flash blinded me.

***

12/28/19

5:00 pm

Plains

"Ugh..." A groan came out of me. I was now paying the toll of the practice fights with Cord. On one hand, I got pretty good experience—with me also learning that weird move that I used on Cord twice. On the other, I became exhausted and badly bruised, and my adrenaline now completely gone... Which begs the question: How am I thinking right now?

"Hey there." I felt a nudge coming from my shoulder. "You awake, Lucas?"

Huh? That didn't sound like Cord. And it wasn't that same voice from the waterfall—even though it sounded female. So who could it be...? I guess there's only one way to find out.