Chapter 8: Type Disadvantages Suck

12/29/19
9:30 am
Idle River

Chris' eyes widened while looking at me. "Wait, I used Shadow Claw against you? I never learned Shadow Claw before."

He hasn't...? This is awkward. I sighed before I started talking again. "Well I don't know how you did it, but somehow you did it out of pure instinct."

After Cord teleported us down Misty Mountain, all four of us went toward Idle River and followed the current west. Cord said that once we see a lake at the end of Idle River, we would be nearby the Golden Coast. Coincidentally, during our walk toward the lake, Chris asked me what happened during my, Abby, and Cord's fight against him because he doesn't remember anything about it.

I found that weird for a few seconds before I decided to tell him about it.

"After that me and your sister went to attack you," I continued. "I honestly believe I gave it all I got in that attack with Abby."

The female Eevee meanwhile started chuckling. "You should have seen Manny's Electro Ball throw! It was unlike anything I've seen before."
I chuckled. If only you knew...

"Anyway," I said turning around, "Cord was—." I stopped myself to stare at Cord. The last time I noticed him—which was about ten minutes ago—he started to examine his Treasure Bag which I knew was almost completely full.

He was still looking at it now.

"Cord...," I shouted at him. "Cord!"

The Raichu finally looked up from his bag to stare at me.. "What?" he simply said.

At this point, Abby and Chris stopped moving to look at me and Cord doing a stare down. "You've been looking inside that Treasure Bag of yours for the past ten minutes. What the hell are you doing?"

He closed the bag in front of him, and slung it around his shoulder. "I'm doing inventory, Manny... And it seems we're missing an item here."

My eyes squinted of doubt. "Really... If you were wondering about the Reviver Seed, I used that on Abby back in Misty Mountain."

"Manny, I know you used the Reviver Seed yesterday. In fact, I wanted you to use it. But I'm talking about another item we're missing."

Seriously? My face quickly turned into a confused one. "What item are we missing then?"

Cord looked at his Treasure Bag before responding. "Well, I have the majority of items for certain situations we could encounter when you, I, and the Eevee become an official exploration team. But in the case we face a Pokémon like Chris once was, we're going to need a Blast Seed in our disposal."

'...Wait. Did you say what I thought you said?'

Cord smirked. Yup.

"You mean to say that the item that makes you breathe fire after eating it is here, right now?!" Cord cleared his throat heavily. "What?" I turned around to see Abby and Chris stare at me.

Oh.

"I completely forgot about what a Blast Seed was. Don't judge me!"

That was a terrible save.

"Shut up."

Me and Cord caught up with Abby and Chris to see the two of them looking at both of us. "Are you two done?" Abby said, staring at me. I simply nodded. Abby turned her neutral face to a smile. "Good. And I think that lake Cord was talking about is just ahead!"