Chapter 7: New Members!

12/28/19

8:20 pm

Misty Mountain 19F

How am I... alive?

Cord's Final Explosion sent a shockwave towards me and Abby and we both hit the wall at about seventy miles an hour. So unless I'm dreaming that I'm awake, I somehow survived that attack. But how?

I opened my eyes to find myself sitting up with my head right on top of the rocky wall I supposedly took damage from a few moments ago. Turning my head while groaning, I noticed Abby right next to me, fainted. In the distance was Cord and Chris—both fainted—laying down, right next to each other.

Probably the best thing about this was that Chris doesn't have that weird fire effect in his eyes anymore.

I finally got myself to walk slowly toward Cord's Treasure Bag and grabbed a Reviver Seed from there. There was only one left in the bag, and Cord said he "wanted to be carried to the next floor," I think. The good part is I didn't go to him anyway.

I went to Abby.

"Now... How do I do this?" I know that Reviver Seeds doesn't have an effect if a Pokémon eats it—and probably tastes bitter. I decided to place the seed in Abby's forehead... Sure enough, the seed lit like a lamp. In a few moments, the seed stopped glowing, making the seed now a Normal Seed. "Abby, are you awake?"

A moment of pause happened before I heard a voice. "Ugh..." Abby slowly opened her eyes to look at me right in front of her. "W-What happened?"

"Long story short," I quickly explained. "Cord did his explosion. We both got knocked back to this wall, knocking you out. And I somehow survived and gave a Reviver Seed to you... I'm still wondering about how I survived though."

"Didn't you have an orb on your hand?"

I looked around the area I landed at to find no orb anywhere. If Cord said the orb would be activated after he did his move, then...

"Oh, Cord gave me the Reviver Orb we grabbed in Charred Chambers." That makes a lot more sense now.

Abby grabbed Cord's bag and raced toward Cord and Chris. "Is Chris... Back to normal?"

"Well..." I said looking right at his head, which looked creepy since his eyes were open. "His eyes don't have a fire effect," I said, stating the obvious, "so that's a start."

Abby finally used her soft voice to use a sigh of relief. "So... Cord wanted us to carry him and Chris here to the next floor. How are we going to do that?"

Let's see. Alolan Raichu weigh about 45 to 50 pounds... "I'll carry Cord."

Abby immediately moved her head towards me. "Lucas! Y-You can't carry Cord by yourself! At least let me try to do it."

I disagreed. "No chance. You take your brother. It's only fair."

"Well... Fine." Abby finally said after debating with herself. My paws found a good enough grip to lift Cord up. Take a deep breath now, Lucas...

With all my weight spread around me, I lifted Cord up. Honestly, I have no idea how I did that in the first place. "Oh my—!" Abby moved back surprised, her eyes widened. "How?!"

"Let's just say I lifted things like this before," I said chuckling.

I started to walk towards the stairs—which coincidentally were right behind us, when Abby approached me. She was carrying Chris around her back, which I guess was simpler, considering Eevee's weight was about 15, 20 pounds. "You sure about carrying Cord up these stairs?"