Epilogue: Only Human

1/10/20

10:00 pm

Dream World

It's been about two weeks since that night that I became a Pokémon, and I've been having the time of my life. Harmony let me and Cord come to the same place in the Dream World every night until I can return for "training purposes." That was her excuse to the Council, even though both of us had to rely on luck to wake up in our Pokémon forms...

This day was surprising because Harmony came in one hour of our dream.

Cord—who was human right now, while I was a Pikachu—figured out that she was here and ran over. "You said to us that today you have a surprise." Harmony nodded and handed us two yellow marble looking orbs wrapped around flexible wire. When Mew put it on both of us, it glowed, making my eyes gleam.

"What exactly is this?" Cord asked putting his hand on the stone. It quickly reacted by shining a stream of light into his face, blinding him. When he eventually opened it, he noticed his left, no, both hands having white fur! "What... Did the—."

Harmony came forward to start laughing. "Yes, the orb did that!" She said grinning after. Cord meanwhile started growing a brown tail that had an inflated, electric-shaped end that turned yellow soon after.

"How did you even do this in the first place Harmony?" I said moving next to the floating tail. Cord suddenly shrank to be about more than a foot taller than me, and he finally hopped on the tail.

"Well," She said moving closer. "My ability to transform into my human and Pokémon forms, one of J's wish tags, and Dialga and Palkia's tiny bit of space and time makes this. I introduce you to the Poké Orb Mark 1!"

While the fur surrounded Cord more, my orb didn't have that electric marking that Cord had. "Um... What's up with mine?" I said to Harmony as it glowed at me. I suddenly grew in height as my skin came back instead of fur! After a few changes, I was almost human, but my ears and tail stayed the same.

"Right..." Harmony said sighing. "When you're already a Pokémon, the orb switches to become the Hú Orb Mark 1... There are probably some kinks left to fix, though." When Cord's fur reached his head, his hair became brown and shrank into the body. Electric pouches came in his cheeks, and his nose shrank, making him a full Alolan Raichu. The Poké Orb automatically turned white, making the Hú Orb activate.

"Okay," Cord said in his Pokémon form. "Can we change back?"

Harmony nodded. "It's limited for now, but I can try to fix that part later." She touched my forehead which made my ears and tail recede back into my body. "...Talk later!"

We waved bye as she used Teleport. "Alright Cord," I said while bringing the same turntable from a week ago. "I think it's finally time for you to get with the times and learn new music."

Cord groaned. "Dude, you told this to me for the past week and you got nothing that interested me." I rolled my eyes in response.

"That's because I saved the best for last, Cord!" A vinyl appeared in my hands and had a label on it.

Only Human (2019)

Jonas Brothers

"Wait," Cord said turning human. "Jonas Brothers? Isn't that the trio that broke up a few years ago for weird purposes?"

"Yes, but guess what!" I placed the vinyl down. "The Jonas Brothers are back together. The Jonas Brothers are back together. The Jonas Brothers are back together!" I said laughing soon after.

Cord decided to put the vinyl in the device and looked at me for a second. "Thank you."

I tilted my head confused. "For what?"

"...For making me feel human." Cord pressed on play.

To Be Continued...