Clouds on the Horizon - Philza Interlude

Philza Minecraft was a lot of things. Most people were. Each individual had so many facets to who they were, personalities shifting depending on emotions and the people around them. However, in Philza's case, this meant a divide between being a father and being a villain.

That was a harsh word. Philza was a law breaker, that he couldn't deny. Several laws have been broken by him. Philza could even vouch for terms like thief or murderer, though he was justified in both cases because the people he stole from and killed were worse people than him. Philza wasn't a villain, though. He was simply a man who took down evil in unconventional ways.

Whatever the case, villain or hero or law breaker or perfect citizen, Philza Minecraft found himself in this situation, seeing a situation that he never before encountered. Let's rewind to the beginning of the day...

Philza POV —

I'm no stranger to early mornings. Soft breezes, wildlife awakening, the world warming up. It wasn't like early mornings were a particularly bad thing for me. I got a decent amount of sleep and enough self control to pull myself from the warm sheets.

My sons are different. Technoblade (don't mind the name, he was originally from the Nether where names like that were common) almost seemed like he never slept. No matter how early I rose, Technoblade was prepared for the day, sitting on the couch with a book and mug of warm coffee. My other son, Wilbur, wouldn't get up even if the apocalypse started. He would drag himself out of his room on hands and knees like a zombie, begging for some magical elixir that would cure his hatred for the morning. I normally gave him tea and left him to fend for himself.

It was this particular morning that I fell more on the Wilbur side of the spectrum. I didn't wake up hating the morning. I woke up with the horrible feeling that something bad was going to happen, like a sailor who saw red skies in the morning. I sat in my bed for a few minutes with a worried face. Nothing had happened yet, but I felt the telltale signs of a building rage. Bird instincts, I thought, part of my power set. I was a mix between a regular avian and something more ethereal, as I had an aptitude for divinity but mostly kept to normal instincts.

"Phil, we have a mission," Technoblade knocked on the door, his monotone face staring down at me. Normal people wouldn't notice, but I could see all the slight nuances in his face and tone that depicted emotion. Right now, he was wary, bordering on worried. I gave a reassuring smile. Technoblade nodded, shutting my door.

I sighed, shrugging off the feeling while getting dressed in my 'villain' costume as most civilians put it. I'll never get used to people seeing me as the bad guy. It didn't suit my style. I was more dignified than a simple villain. I wasn't quite a hero, but didn't people see that I was doing everything in their best interest? The Syndicate was responsible for the dismantling of many gangs and yakuza that decided to prey on innocents.

Never the less, we had a mission today. I didn't need people to call me a hero to do the right thing.

———

It should have been a simple in and out mission. The building wasn't deemed important meaning security wasn't tight, and the guards were trained enough for teenagers messing around with their powers. Our mission even fell on the day when the guards were switching out and most were off-duty. It should have been simple.

Things went downhill when Wilbur and Technoblade started arguing. I understood they were brothers, and fighting was prone to happen, but why did they decide do it now? We didn't have time for this! It wasn't like they were arguing about anything important.

"Would you wait a goddamn moment?! This last file has to download," Wilbur whispered angrily as he typed on the computer. The last file was titled 'Pet Project'. It was a weird name, and was even weirder when Wilbur realized that the number one hero was the one who created the document and had last updated it a week ago. Wilbur didn't have the chance to read the file before he put it on the hard drive. It wasn't part of the plan, but it piqued Wilbur's curiosity.