07 | scared & petrified

Six kilometres away from Belfort is the the teng forest.

The trees from that forest are the only ones those are used for making the wands because supposedly they have the power of the veil― the veil is the source of all powers.

"Careful." Jeongguk's father warned as he marched forward with his apprentices following him with their wands in their tight grip.

The dark was engulfing them all in as they got deeper in the forest. The fireflies flying around and the moonlight was the only ones illuminating the place. Their heartbeat louder than ever before teng forest wasn't at all safe at night because of the creature's hiding and lurking around.

Crickets chirp ans they all gulp at the sound echoing throughout the woodland. Jeon Jonhan, the mage plus the headmaster of Belfort was here tonight for the only purpose of checking.

He needed to check how the veil is at the moment, how badly damaged it is and what's the reason. He probably would've waited for dawn but he also couldn't wait because with every moment, the damage might just turn out to be irreparable.

"Slow―" he held out his palm at his back stopping the others behind him the moment he heard those rustling. That soft, muffled and crackling sound made him look more carefully and he could obviously not ignore those glowing pair of yellow eyes in the endless obscurity.

"Sir, is it―" one of them whispered out but the gesture he made with his pointer finger made him shut up instead and fear inundated his body.

"I know who you are," Jonhan blurted out slowly reaching down for his wand in the the pocket of his trench coat but before he could pull it out, they all heard a shriek which resonated through out of the whole greenery.

"Petrifico aubando!"

The spell was only audible to the headmaster. All the others heard was the huge sound still echoing.

With that, Jeon Jonhan froze on his spot, his wand that was in his hand held out to cast a spell also froze with him, the ones behind screamed in horror to see the most learned wizard, the mage himself petrified like this.

But whatever or whoever was the reason for his condition didn't come out maintaining the mystery like it was moment ago and instead decided to leave.

The apprentice couldn't just figure out of it was someone human or animalistic but surely those eyes were terrifying, he saw them disappear in the woods and they all thanked to God that they were still safe.

Taehyung bit on his bottom lip, pulling it in and chewing on the skin as he nervously stared at his supposedly rival Jeon Jeongguk's dorm room to which the door was open and a lot of students crowded in front to give him condolences.

"Jimin, he isn't dead. Why are they acting like he already is. Lord, I feel bad for Jeongguk." maybe this was the first time, Taehyung wasn't being an arsehole with the other and talking shit about him because this obviously isn't the time and if he did, that would be so cruel, "Should we go and check on him? Like y'know―"

"There are already so many people there. Let's wait until they leave." the shorter one beside him said and he nodded.

"The healers are with him, the best ones are there for him, he will most probably recover soon." the cotton candy haired male informed, resting his head on the other's shoulder who sighed, "Hope so."