33 | favourite person

"You're one brat, Mr. Jeon but accurate, you are just like your father," Taehyung's dad ridiculed and glared at his mom who now ran to get the door.

"Sir, even you yourself know that whatever I said is all true, you don't deserve such a sweet family I swear to God―" Jeongguk couldn't finish his sentence when he was interrupted by his father who entered the house just now.

"Jeongguk, that's not how you talk to someone, apologize." he said looking over at the man almost around his age who used to be his best friend once.

"But dad―"

"Apologize, now!" he didn't listen to him and ordered. Having no choice, the blond had to do what he said and looked down at his feet mumbling, "I am so sorry sir."

"Keep your son away from mine, this is the first and last warning I am giving you," Taehyung's father warned holding his pointer finger in the air as he spoke and glared at Taehyung who was terrified.

He scooted closer to Jeongguk and tightened his grip against his hand.

"Hansung, they like each other."

Jeon Jonhan tried to start an argument as Jeongguk told him about how much he liked the older and they were now dating. He would absolutely hate it if his rivalry or his past comes and ruin his son's happiness. He can't let this happen. No.

"You sure this isn't you or your son's some stupid games. You sure he ain't trying to trap and distract my son?" Hansung asked, his voice cold and full of doubts that made Jeongguk to glare at him, "Why do you think like that?"

"I actually do like―" Jeongguk couldn't complete his sentence when Taehyung pulled his hand and walked ahead of him, "You do not need to justify your feelings for me, Jeongguk.

"Dad, stop it. I beg you." Taehyung was now in front of Jeongguk who stood just behind, his hand on his shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.

"You already doubt my efforts to fulfill your dream. That's alright but you don't have the right to question someone's feelings for me just because he is the son of your rival. Enough." Taehyung finally took a stand for himself and all thanks to Jeongguk.

"Look what you made my son, he turned into some impudent brat, just like you," his father glared at him and then at the blond boy behind while Jeongguk's father let out the longest sigh.

"Hansung, this isn't the right time for this, we have more important thing to deal with." Jonhan spoke, rubbing his temples as he didn't know how to stop this fight.

"There's nothing more important than this," the other replied taking a step forward and grabbing Taehyung's wrist pulling him, "You stay in your room and don't come out if you want to still call me dad."

"That's so fucking unfair―" Taehyung couldn't even finish as his dad started pulling him with him, Jeongguk was about to follow but stayed back seeing the man holding his hand up in the air directed at him.

"Don't you dare."

"Sir;"

"Not a word, young man. Forget my son and stay away. I know your tricks and won't let him fall for your sweet little trap." he said pulling the brunet with him upstairs even when he was now crying actual tears.

"Dad, do something." Jeongguk asked his father for help but at this moment, Taehyung was safe inside that room so he just nodded and mumbled, "Everything will be alright, just give it some time."

"Mrs. Kim," when Jeongguk's dad didn't do anything that moment, he approached his boyfriend's mother who stayed quiet all these time, "Please, Mrs. Kim. Whatever he is saying isn't true. I don't have any trap for him, he is just so convinced that I am a horrible person and so I can't stop him but you can, you don't know how much Taehyung misses you and wants to come home but for his dad and his illogical lectures, he thinks hundred times before doing that. He loves you and kind of expects you to take a stand for him. Please do something."