20 | a long way to go

"That worked—"

Those words came out so softly yet it was full of excitement and enthusiasm. Taehyung looked up at Jeongguk who seemed to be just as happy as he was cause he was smiling back at him while he nodded furiously.

"Well, it did. It had to cause I taught you," he said, of course joking at which the older rolled his eyes however that smile still plastered on his lips, "No, because it was me doing the spell, dumdum."

"Okay so I really hope it works on my own scar," Taehyung said hoping to hell that this works and he gets rid of what reminds him of his horrible self in the past, the weak Kim Taehyung who wasn't there anymore cause he was so strong now and he knew how better he was and he was so proud.

"Go on, try." Jeongguk encouraged.

"With you staring at me like a hawk? No thanks." Taehyung huffed, looking away.

"Though it's alright however what really matters is your comfort, so now that you learnt the spell, you can go back and try it," the blond patted his back and Taehyung just wondered if Jeongguk was alright because he couldn't somehow believe that this is the same Jeon Jeongguk.

"Okay so now that we are friends and somehow you know this secret, it's not weird if you see me doing this but yeah don't you dare say anything, okay?"

"Yes, okay."

Seeing Jeongguk with his lips pressed together just to exaggerate the fact that he ain't gonna say anything to interrupt, Taehyung finally held his wand up.

Trying to clear his mind, he closed his eyes.

But all he could think of was all the moments from the past, the flashes of himself doing this, cutting his delicate, tan skin— he could picture himself so clearly.

With these vivid memories running around his mind, he couldn't focus well but still tried hard and cast that spell.

Jeongguk was anticipating the scar to disappear but nothing that sort happened as the spell didn't work at all this time.

"Try again." Jeongguk spurred.

"Yeah."

With that, Taehyung tried again, "Malalia hummus!" but again it was a failure.

That broke the brunet's heart as he already gave up and threw the wand on the bed only to face palm, not wanting to see the other his glassy eyes.

"Hey, it's alright, you can't master this in one day, go back. Just practice more and you will get this done soon." Jeongguk said with a soft smile on his mouth and Taehyung just nodded, still covering his face.

"Listen, Taehyung. I don't think it's anything else than just your thoughts, you can't just forget that incident and that's what's holding you back," Jeongguk explained, trying to reach out for the other's hand but retracted the moment, Taehyung pulled them down from his face.

"I think so too," the older one muttered under his breath, "Then most probably I can never do this because there isn't a single day I didn't think about this."

"No, you ca—" Jeongguk's sentence was cut off by the other abruptly in the middle.

"Do it for me."

"What? No, you said you wanted to do that." Jeongguk denied,. shaking his head sidewise while his eyes widened at the request.

"I wanted to do this myself but what I want more is this to be gone and that night Jeongguk, our circumstances were different and today they are favourable, so please," Taehyung scooted a little closer and Jeongguk stared at him in his eyes.