48 | just like a spell

Jimin was walking upstairs to see his best friend but as he was about to step on the first stair, he heard his name being called out. Turning around he saw it was Min Yoongi.

"Jimin, let them talk alone. I don't think you should walk in now," the slightly shorter male spoke, his hand slowly elevating to ruffle his own hair, "Probably they need this time to sort things out."

"Uh maybe you're right," Jimin retracted his foot and smiled a little, "Never knew you could actually talk like a normal person. All I heard from you is no and short replies."

"I know I don't owe an explanation or any apology but I would say this to you, I am sorry—" the pale boy almost whispered those words and hung his head low, "Whatever I did, I didn't want to get distracted. I had a mission when I was in school and you were a distraction, a beautiful distraction to be honest."

Jimin's ears perked up at the emphasis on the last few words and now all he did was anticipate what's coming up from the other. He kinda got a hint on what's this about and what is ahead but he wanted to hear it nonetheless.

From Yoongi.

"It wasn't just you who liked me, the feeling was from this side too but that very moment, I couldn't get to you like I wanted, I couldn't know you better when I wanted, I couldn't just— I didn't mean to act rude or like some asshole back then but that was the only way to keep you away."

"No, Yoongi." Jimin didn't agree on that, "That wasn't the only way, you could have politely denied, you could have told me to stay away or say that you weren't interested but you did what? Gave mixed feelings." Jimin explained while the other kind of got that whatever he did was wrong.

"I am sorry." He simply mumbled.

"Save it, because whatever happened, I forgot about it. I have a boyfriend, a lovely giant boyfriend and I don't bother about you anymore, Min Yoongi. Let's not talk about this anymore." Jimin said, his palms together and rubbed them against each other when they started sweating a bit.

"You're right but I am sorry again."

"It's alright and we can possibly be friends in future?" Jimin questioned, a little uncertain about if that was even plausible or not but he kinda hoped that it was because like the friendly boy he was, he didn't want any bad feelings or anything.

"Maybe?"

"Guys, what are you talking behind my back, huh?" someone interrupted their conversation and they turned to the direction of sound that was on top of the staircase.

Kim Taehyung was walking down, with his father tagging behind. The boys standing down thought maybe they sorted things out but in reality, Taehyung was still mad and disappointed at his father but the timing was something he had to take in account. It wasn't the perfect one to go and argue non stop before they actually settle things.

"Nothing important," Jimin replied and held onto his bestie's hand when he walked down pulling him with him to where they were previously sitting.

"So, you good Taehyung? You ain't doing anything stupid right?" Yoongi's father asked and the brunet sighed nevertheless he nodded. He now knew how things were in the past and now how important this is for the man who lost his wife and will probably lose himself by the end of this. No, he wasn't still on the side of letting the innocents die but what can he possibly do?

He needed to wait and for that, he needed to slide this aside, for these days at least, he needs his conscience to subside a bit and focus on the main job. He needed to let the collateral damage happen.

"Yeah, you can count on me, won't do anything stupid. I promise." Taehyung assured even if this isn't what he wanted. He had to choose between thousands and only seven and he had to do this, he can't fuck it up for everyone.