25 | talking to the dead

Taehyung and Jimin was now sitting with the other's and the brunet worriedly asked, "Why do you think Jeongguk was called like that? Is the mage okay?"

"I really hope he is," Hoseok said and Jimin nodded. It's been already almost half an hour since Jeongguk was called and he wasn't here, half an hour of worries and curiosity.

But when the healer again came in the classroom and this time called Taehyung's name, he couldn't worry anymore. What was happening?

"Me?" he pointed at himself and the healer nodded, "Kim Taehyung is your name right? Then yes it's you."

The whole class stared gossiping and watched him walk out making up thousands of theories and most of them were of how they must have done something and they were gonna get suspended. Belfort wasn't that much acknowledged about their truce and blooming friendship so still, they were in a that delusion that both of them were still after each other's arses.

Taehyung followed the healer who was walking really fast. He wanted to ask where they are going and why was he called but the pace of his feet as he took big steps ahead just made him shut his mouth and just walked after the other.

Once they reached the cabin where the mage was kept in for healing, the healer slowly opened the door for him and gestured him to get in.

"The mage wanted to see you,"

"The mage is awake?" Taehyung couldn't help smiling at the good news and when the healer gave him the affirmation by nodding, he smiled even more widely and immediately got in.

"Holy Pishogue, sir, you're awake," Taehyung called getting closer and noticed Jeongguk sitting on a chair beside the mage who was laying down on the bed, smiling at him now,

"Mr. Kim, come in come in," he weakly said and Taehyung just walked faster and stood in front of him, "Sir, I am so glad you are awake already, Belfort doesn't feel like Belfort without you."

"You getting an extra point for that," the mage joked and Taehyung let out a giggle before getting closer to Jeongguk who by his surprise reached out for his left hand and held on it tightly.

"Jeongguk told me how you saved us both even though you two weren't on good terms and for that I am ever grateful." he said noticing how his son was holding onto the older's hand and smiled at that before looking up at the boy.

"We are now on good terms, sir. Jeongguk is so nice and kind and I am glad to have him as my friend," Taehyung said not minding that hand around his anymore as the warmth that radiated from them was so pleasing.

"It's so great to see you two like this, I just wish your father and I solve our issues as well, I miss my old buddy to be honest, we were inseparable but now look at us," the mage sighed, remembering the good old days and Taehyung just wondered what must have happened that they were now like this.

He always wanted to ask his dad but he was too scared to do that. Keeping in mind how much his father hated talking about it that he even didn't say all the thing to his wife but it wasn't the right time.

The mage only woke up.

"Thank you for being there for my son, we both owe you," Jeon Jonhan thanked the brown haired boy who looked over at Jeongguk who smiled at him, his tear tracts still visible, of course he cried when he saw his father awake and not ossified.

Of course he cried hugging him and told him all that he missed.

"Now that the one who attacked you is under our surveillance and control and you are back, everything's alright—" Jeongguk was interrupted by his father who knitted his brows, "What? How?"