43 | the worst father ever

Taehyung didn't know what he was doing.

He was in his house, searching for his father. After whatever happened last night, he can't just let this slide. He needs his answers before he gets paranoid.

"Where's dad?" he asked the moment his mom opened the door. It was almost evening and Jeongguk not sparing him one single glance during classes was killing him.

But oh well, didn't he do the same? He himself knew that whatever Jeongguk was doing, it was justified, it was valid because he knows how much he must have hurt him.

"Tae, you here? You didn't tell me you were coming." his mom asked making space for her son to get it and once he did, he asked again, "Where's dad?"

"In his study, what happened dear?" she asked and Taehyung just stared quiet making his way to the study, where his father was supposed to be.

At this point, he was tired of crying, he cried himself to sleep yesterday and today after the classes, he still did but couldn't muster the courage to call the other and say sorry.

Apology, he did think that it was useless now. Jeongguk made it so clear, things will not be like they used to be and the words from yesterday echoed inside his ear drums.

We were great until we lasted.

He asked Jimin what he should do but even his best friend didn't have an answer other than 'talk to him, he will understand'.

Time is all he had now. He can only hope that Jeongguk will be able to forgive him and everything might get back to how it was.

Taehyung ran to the room and opened the door, forgetting his etiquette about knocking before and got in.

"Taehyung," his father called standing up, ending the call abruptly that he was attending and looked up at his son.

"Did you do all these?" with tear filled eyes, the younger one asked, taking big steps ahead until he was just at a little distance from him.

"What do you mean?" he asked resting his phone on the table and folded his arms over his chest, "What are you talking about?"

"Jeongguk and me, did you try to create misunderstandings between us? Was it you?" the brunet questioned, watching his father through glassy eyes, the moisture blurring out his sight.

"What even? Why would you do that?"

"Because you can and probably want to? Dad, I don't see anyone other than you, you did this. Just tell the truth," he spoke, regret inside that he could have agreed to Jeongguk because he did this anyways. Then probably things wouldn't be this hard.

"Taehyung, where's your manners?" the man asked, looking over at his wife who was just as surprised and nervous as he was, "You don't know dad, how this is feeling. All I need is some answers."

"Whatever you are talking about son, I have no single clue on that," he said rubbing his palms together and looked away.

"You're lying. You might have never cared enough but me dad— I know about you, I know how you react when you're happy, I know it when you're angry and I know when you're lying. You're lying."

"Taehyung!" his mother called trying to stop him but no, he wasn't here to stop. He will get his answers.

Remorse is the worst feeling ever and he doesn't have anything left in him at the moment, all he wants is some answers.

"You're lying. You did." Taehyung said and his father glared at him.

"I wasn't the one to do that."

"I had enough of this bullshit! Don't play games with me dad, you didn't do that but you told someone to do it, didn't you?" Taehyung asked and that very second, he froze in his spot.