17 | an unwanted truce

Jeongguk was finally back to school the day after on his mom's request and a promise that he won't repeat this mistake ever again which wasn't quite something he agreed to but nevermind.

Everyone asking him about his father and how he was doing and him replying with a sad smile that he was gonna be alright very soon was tiring now. Not a single one he met didn't miss asking that. He was quite surprised to see that they even cared to ask. Doesn't matter if it was out of courtesy of actually concern. They did and that's all mattered to him at the moment.

"Did you see, Kim?" he asked, looking over his shoulder at Hoseok who shook his head no, "I didn't. Something must have happened. Yesterday he was so gloomy in class. Didn't even argue with me which is strange."

Jeongguk assumed that he knew the reason and just simply hummed in response as they both head to their lockers.

"You go on, I will be back in a few minutes," he excused himself and was walking backwards. He clearly knew where he had to go. Large steps towards the other aisle of lockers and he kept on moving until he reached Taehyung's.

He wasn't there yet but he will be before class so he waited. He by now planned on something and he was going to implement it without wasting any further time.

Impatient tapping on the floor with his Timberland boots while he waited for his lovely rival to show up, Jeongguk just let his back hit the metal behind and he popped in a piece of gum, throwing the wrapper around.

Typical brat attitude thinking he owned Belfort. Nothing new.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jeongguk was snapped out of his thoughts the moment he heard that deep, raspy voice coming from his right and he knew who it was.

"Awh Kim Taehyung, I am back. Missed me?" Jeongguk with a stupid grin plastered on his lips asked and the brunet raised his brows at him, "I didn't honestly. Even the tiniest bit. It was nice not having you around."

"So rude but okay let's not ruin the mood, I wanted to have a very friendly chat with you. Would you spare a minute?" Jeongguk asked, still with that grin on his face that made Taehyung even more confused.

He should be skeptical now.

"Cut this bullshit. What do you want and how the fuck are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be at home, playing with your dick? Oh so you miss your baby girls and boys, don't you?"

"Please, whole Belfort knows I never dated or anything. The one I will date will be so special I swear, they will be the most beautiful, inside out." Jeongguk said with a oh so genuine smile and Taehyung found it so endearing. The tone he used was so pure and he actually never expected that out of him so a surprise? Yeah.

"Is that true? I mean, you do look like a fuckboy type and all those rumors—" Taehyung was interrupted by the blond, "Rumors are meant to be fake, I don't know why people love making them. Like you remember that girl Maria? She told the whole school I fucked her even though I didn't even talk to her, like the hell?"

"Well you're the most sought after boy in Belfort because your father is the headmaster and they think you will be mage too so if they can get ya, it's a jackpot," Taehyung explained, crossing his arms over his chest and sighed leaning against the locker as well.

"Now tell me why are you here?"

"I have a proposal for you."

"And what's that?" Taehyung was surprised and very curious now. He just hoped that Jeongguk wasn't shitty enough to pull that very personal information in and get a prank out of this cause if he did, he will probably lose all the conscious he had at the moment.