45 | the lurking dark

"Susan, you there?"

Taehyung's voice echoed against the bathroom walls and they both looked around, the darkness in there causing their vision to not see anything. But as soon as he spoke those words, a glowing blue figure appeared from no where and smiled.

They with great difficulty made it till here and it was such a hassle to get there without getting caught or something. They were supposed to be in their dorms but look at them searching for some answers.

"You both shouldn't be here? What's the matter?" she said and Taehyung stole a glance at his best friend's glowing face who nodded, "Ask."

"So, Susan I won't complicate it, I just want to ask you something and promise me you will answer it honestly, no adulterated answer, please." Taehyung requested causing the soul to let out a chuckle, "What is that? Tell me. I will answer honestly."

"Is the mage a bad person?"

If it was possible, he could have seen the girl's face go pale but no it wasn't possible however the change of expression from cheerful to something that screams she is scared was something he can't ignore.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just answer it, Susan."

"What if I say, yes?" she mumbled and Taehyung gulped. No, this can't be. The mage can't be this cruel.

This was nothing less than a shock to him and all he wondered was how will Jeongguk react if he hears any of this.

"Tell me what happened to you and everything you know."

Susan didn't want to remember that night but she had to in order to tell the both boys about what happened back then.

"If I could tell, wouldn't I have said it to Jeongguk already?" Susan mumbled getting close to the shorter boy and with every passing second the her face changed and at one point it turned into some horrible. Her lips were stitched together with some thread and her face had blood all over.

Jimin was almost gonna scream and expose themselves when Taehyung pushed his palm against his lips stopping him.

"Get a hint what he can do."

"Why can't you say it?" Taehyung questioned, his insides horrified at the sight of her disfigured face and all those stitches.

"Spells."

"Fuck man, did he do this to you?" Taehyung asked, his eyes scanning the glowy figure's face which wasn't anything less than something popping out straight outta a horror movie.

Susan couldn't move. Anything that's related to that night, she can't say it, she can't reveal any of that, her soul was under control and she can't pronounce the words that happened that very night she died.

"Taehyung." Susan mumbled and pointed at the floor down, her eyes had that weird request in them, as if she was pleading for something.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked and Susan just kept on pointing at the floor, "Please understand it, you are smart enough to figure it out, you can do it."

"I can?"

"I believe you can, Taehyung. Do it and save everyone." the girl said and emphasized on the last words, "Find the key to free me."

"I lost my mind, I don't know what to do or what to think, Jimin what's going on?" Taehyung said, moving back and forth as he kept on thinking what's going on.