51 | last stepping stone

Jeongguk stared at his father standing in front of the bathroom door that was wide open and he could see the pitch black background. Nothing was visible in there.

"You trust me right?" he asked taking small steps ahead and Jeongguk was so confused on what to say but he did believe his dad more than anyone else. He was the ideal for him, the perfect role model and he wanted to be like him, "Tell me dear, you do trust your father right?"

Jeongguk took a moment to himself and nodded, pulling himself to his feet, "I do trust you dad but why are they against you? Why are they saying you are killing people and why did Yoongi say that you're gonna kill me?"

"They are conspiring against me, it's Hansung. He did this. Taehyung that kid is also with them, sorry to say but you have been fooled my love," Jonhan lied in a tone that oozed fake concern and rubbed his thumb against the younger's cheek.

Jeongguk just blankly stared at the one in front and choked on his own tears as he tried to keep them inside, "How could you say that so surely, dad? Taehyung is really involved in this?"

"Taehyung is with that shapeshifter, the one who wanted to kill me. You can ask him." Jonhan said looking back at the opened door, he was running out of him and he needed to get back in there with Jeongguk.

Jeongguk was quick to walk closer to the door where Taehyung was still waiting for him to open up so he can talk, "Kim Taehyung, do you know the one who tried to kill my dad and me? The shapeshifter?"

"Jeongguk, baby,"

"For once be honest with me!" Jeongguk shouted and the one against the door let out a huge sob, "I can explain it all, just open up, Gguk."

"Fuck you, Taehyung. Go fuck yourself. You played with my feelings so bad, I really fell for you," Jeongguk said loud enough for the other to hear and sob even harder, "Jeon Jeongguk, listen to us, will you?"

"I trust my dad." he said and turned around to see his father smiling at him softly and held his hand out for him to take, "One last time, trust your father, will you, Jeon Jeongguk?"

"I will." Jeongguk smiled overlooking the pang in his heart and also ignored the shouting and begging coming from the other side of the door.

"Enough, I am breaking the door, I might get suspended but who cares, it's more important." Yoongi said getting his wand, "Eusenos dorizo!"

With that, the door was swung open but what they both saw was horrifying. Jeongguk walking in the black abyss inside the bathroom following his father and the door immediately shutting close that moment not letting anyone do anything about it.

"What the hell!" Taehyung ran to the door and opened the door again but instead of that black abyss, it opened to Jeongguk's bathroom which was pretty much expected.

"Yoongi, Yoongi! He took him, he took him, do something, fuck," Taehyung ended up on his knees and cried his heart out and the older just stared at him, thinking about how this happened and what will be the consequences.

He quickly called his dad who was the one who was assigned to get that wand from the other disguising as Jin Woo which he did but little did he know that the mage always kept his wand hidden in his socks and the one that was in his coat was a replica of that with no magical abilities in it.

"Yoongi, that motherfucker got the wand, don't let him get to Jeongguk okay? Keep him safe." Haechul shouted from the other side and Yoongi wanted to cry, "He already got him dad, we can't save anyone now."

"Dad, where are we going?" Jeongguk asked as the elder whose grip on his wrist tightened, "Where we should be."