42 | talking it out

Taehyung after Jimin's hundredth request decided to talk to the other. No he didn't forgive him or even declared him innocent, for the sake of his friendship with his childhood friend and his heart partially beating for the other— he is doing that for them.

"This is gonna leave us looking stupid," the brunet said walking ahead, Jimin accompanying him just right beside.

"Time will tell," Jimin replied and the other was just finding it hard to believe how Jimin was so sure about Jungkook not being guilty. He was finding it hard to believe that Jimin was actually defending him even if he thinks Jeongguk is at fault.

They reached the blond's room and Jimin was the one to knock when he saw his bestie stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Jimin stepped behind and let Taehyung be in front.

Jeongguk opened the door with puffy eyes and heavy heart. His boyfriend just ignoring him whole class time and when he tried to talk, he just glared and threatened to complain about him. Taehyung was one step away from humiliating the other in public which was so not right.

"Tae," Jeongguk smiled thinking probably he just realized that he was telling the truth and quickly pulled him in a tight hug.

Taehyung wanted to push him away but the power in those arms around him and the crazy heartbeat against his own skin, he melted then and there however still couldn't coax his mind to hug back.

"Baby, you finally believe me," Jeongguk mumbled pulling away and leaving small kisses on his neck and on his cheeks, smiling so widely.

Oh lord, this is not fake.

This can't be.

Taehyung didn't utter a single word and just stared at the handsome he loved to see.

Jeongguk's eyes tell.

"Jeongguk," Taehyung muttered under his breath and he nodded pulling him inside, Jimin taking the chance and leaving that instant as he wanted them to talk and sort this out, he might just make everything awkward.

Taehyung didn't realize his best friend's departure from there and didn't even noticed that soft sound of the door closing behind. All he understood was Jeongguk was right there smiling at him.

"I knew you would understand." Jeongguk smiled holding onto the older's waist and pulling him close.

"I knew it," he repeated, leaning forward and Taehyung momentarily closed his eyes, thinking they might kiss now, his one half was wanting this but the other half was screaming no.

He was torn in between himself, two sides of himself and he didn't know what to do.

Jeongguk kissed the older's both eyelids and then his forehead, he was about to reach down to place a kiss on Taehyung's lips when he moved away, taking a huge step back.

"You can't kiss me, I am not your boyfriend anymore."

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk asked, totally baffled on what again happened. All his hopes that maybe this sorted out just crumbled into pieces when the brunet looked at him with the same old look.

The eyes didn't hold onto the love, adoration and the care they used, they were right how they were before they started to get to know each other.

From when they were rivals.

"You still are doubting me," he asked in disbelief, shaking his head sideways.

"Taehyung, I will tell you this again, I am not the one you're thinking I am, you're getting a whole wrong scenario. That must have been someone else who wants us apart and unfortunately Taehyung, you're falling for that," Jeongguk said grabbing the other's shoulders.