Meeting her

TW// abusive parents

I approach the white door of the beautiful home, I have grown quite warm in result of wearing a sweater in nice weather, not the smartest of choices.

I hesitantly knock on the door twice, the angelic voice of a women and then soft foot steps near the door.

The door opens slowly and the beautiful women pokes her head through the small crack. It almost looks like she has a look of surprise on her enthralling face. "Hi" she says softly.

Myself because completely dumbfounded, I stand staring into her honey brown eyes. "Sweetheart is everything alright?" She pushes the door to its complete openness and wears a worrying expression. I'm brought back to my senses and proceed to speak.

"Oh yes, I'm the new n-neighbour. I've brought y-you some cookies" I trip through my sentence. Her past worrying expression changes into a sympathetic smile.

"Thank you honey, you didn't have to do that" her words are soft and careful.

"I wanted to" i fail to hide the smile on my face and the excitement in my words.

"Why don't you come in sweetie, We can introduce ourselves" she offers, my smiles grows exponentially and I nod hastily. "Alright come in sweetheart" she takes the tin of cookies from my hands and waves her arm invitingly. I Brush past her with a heavy blush painted across my cheeks.

She closes the door behind me as I stand in the comforting atmosphere of her home, it's not like my house. It smells of oatmeal cookies and wonderful fabric softener. The beautiful women places her hand on my lower back and leads me to what I assume is her dining room, even though I can see another table in her kitchen. "Who was it" the girl in the wheelchair calls out, abstaining to look up from a large book with pages filled of small text.

"Chloe this is the new neighbour...." she waits for me to finish, still resting her hand on my lower back, right above the waist band of my jeans.

"Y/N" I fail to look at the young girl, who's name I now know is named Chloe, and continue to admire the beautiful women.

"Well Y/N" she pauses "I'm Diane and this is my daughter Chloe" she tells me, her voice is calming and I lose myself in it almost every time I hear it.

"Hi" I say airily and shake Chloe's hand. She gladly returns the favour, she's kind, I can already tell.

"I'm going to grab us a snack, take a seat sweetheart" Diane instructs and moves gracefully to the kitchen. I take a seat in a cold wooden chair across from Chloe. She carefully puts away her crazily thick books and stacks them nicely on the chair beside her.

"So Y/N when did you move here" she asks right away, my self not being used to people wanting to talk to me, I'm taken back.

"Y-Yesterday" I stutter in fear I'll do something wrong.

"Wow thats cool, what school do you go to?" she asks, it seems like she really is interested in my life, something that rarely happens.

"I do online school".

"Online school wow" Diane says cheerfully entering the dining room with a tray of the cookies i baked in hand.
My heart flutters when I see her and I can feel my joy rising, like the feeling you get at the top of a roller coaster just before the sudden drop, when you're full of nerves yet excitement.

"Yeah I'm not very good at it though" I shrug.

"Well I home school Chloe, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I helped you" Diane nears the table and sits in the wooden chair beside me, I feel the warm sensation of blood rushing to my cheeks once again followed my the jittery feeling of alway wanting her next to me. What is this feeling? I've never had this feeling before, is it because she's being nice?