taken away

TW// Munchausen syndrome

"Grab that one sweetheart" Diane points to a ripe green pepper in the produce section as we steadily pass it.

I release my hand from hers as she previously intertwined our fingers as we crossed the parking lot and has yet to let go.

this whole scoundrel has me dizzy, the luminosity of the fluorescent ceiling lights, the never ending chatter of monotone voices, the continues haze of mind that over takes me when I'm near Diane. I don't want to inform her on my feelings, mostly because i don't want to seem a bother. Chloe has stayed in her quiet state since we departed the house, worry falls over me as I fear dianes actions are starting to have affect over her.

As I move quickly to the refrigerated vegetable stand, blackness cascades over my vision soon followed by a ringing tone in my ears and no concept of the world. soon the air whooshes past me and the cold floor comes in contact with my skin, my breath is quivering. "Sweetheart!? Sweetheart!?" The muffled voice of Diane rumbles through my aching eardrums, my eyes remain shut. A bashing pain crashes into my hand and Two warm arms capture me before I'm brought up, that is before everything is over run by darkness.

Diane's perspective ~

I instruct my sweet girl to grab me a pepper, her hand escapes my grasp and im left lonesome. as she approaches the vegetables, i keep a close eye on her, making sure not to let her out of my sight.

suddenly i notice her become woozy, she becomes unsteady on her feet and i notice her covering her ear with one hand. suddenly, she starts to fall to the ground, i rush past Chloe yelling "Sweetheart?! sweetheart?!". her head hits the hard tilted floor, i gather her body in my arms and cradle her tightly. her eyes stop twitching, indicating she's no longer awake. "CHLOE" i scream, she hurries over with a concerned expression.

"what happened, what do we do?!" Chloe panics with wide eyes and a racing breath, she fails to control her breathing.

"jesus Chloe, inhaler! i holler, people suddenly crowd around me as i hold y/n's unconscious body.

"is there anything i can do to help?"
"what's happening?"
"ma'am is she okay?!"

their voice surround me, overwhelming me and causing me to shed tears "WOULD YOU JUST GIVE US SOME SPACE" i snap, the people go silent until one man with bleach blonde hair and a thin frame speaks up. by now almost every person in the store have surrounded y/n and i.

"an ambulance is on the way" the man tells me. my face drops, ab ambulance?! no. i can take care of y/n at home... and keep her safe.

"NO" i yell "call them off!" no rock back and forth on the floor of this very small grocery store with y/n laying vulnerable in my arms.

"ma'am is everything okay?" a security guard pushes through the crowd and looks down at y/n and me. at this point Chloe is behind the crowd that has started questioning me again... she desperately huff on her inhaler. my eyes meet hers through the crowd and i nod my head, encouraging her to continue breathing with it.

"ma'am?" the overweight guard asks again, making rage build inside of me.

"yes yes- everything is fine. i just need to leave" i stammer and pull myself on to my feet along with y/n's fragile body. i stumble through the crowd and towards chloe "come one we're going home" i carry y/n bridal style and push chloe's wheel chair forward, i stand behind it and push along with my body.

i rush towards the door but chloe stops us by grasping the wheels of her wheelchair, "no mom! we need to take her to the hospital!" she exclaims.

"WE'RE GOING HOME" i screech, making her look up at me with a fearful face. i'm so wound up that i haven't realized the security guard yelling at me "ma'am that's not a good idea!"

i look back one last time, the crowd of people, murmuring and looking at me as if i had three heads. i wipe my fallen tears and sniffle before glancing down at the beautiful girl in my arms. all the voices are muffled, even chloe's "mom, mom!" she exclaims.

nothing matters but my beautiful angel, how innocent she looks completely unconscious, how her lips are parted slightly, and her hair is a mess in front of her face. i'm brought back to reality when chloe pulls on my arm "MOM" she now snaps at me.

"right let's go" i try to push chloe again but she resists, i look down at her with a furious gaze.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!" she now cries, a small pang in my heart causes a minimal amount of guilt to bubble inside of me, but that's not important... all that matters is getting y/n back to me house...

"chloe... get in the car or you're staying here" i try to stay calm and use a loving voice, but she doesn't budge. my arms start to hurt as y/n slips a bit, but i quickly hold her closer. her cheek rests against my chest and she's cuddled to me how i've always wanted.

chloe doesn't say a word, she continues to stare at me sign a huffing breath, before i can attempt to push her again a team of paramedics rush in with a gurney... i was too caught up in y/n to hear the sirens. "is this the girl who collapsed?" a medium built man with brown fluffy hair asks and tries to take my baby.

i can't answer... the words try to escape but end up nothing more than a stutter, my heart pounds against my chest and my head spins... i look frantically around the store and then meet eyes with a paramedic. "i'll take that as a yes..." he pulls y/n out of my arms, and his team loads her onto the gurney. the whole time i stand with them and try to convince them to let me take her home. i stroke my angels hair and tell her it's going to be okay, she looks so small as she's tucked under a blanket on the gurney.

"let's load her up" the same brunette man instructs the other two paramedics. they push y/n through the main doors along with their supplies.

"no no no she's fine" i walk with them out to the ambulance... "she's okay!" i now cry and breath frantically as i push against their arms and stumble on my feet in attempt to stay with y/n.

"i'm sorry, ma'am she need assistance" the mans professionalism sends me into rage, "NOOO" i tangle my hands in my hair and squat down, my eyes squeeze shut and i mumble to myself "no no no no no". everything is falling out of place... this was the perfect situation to have y/n under my care and now they're taking her!

"you can meet us at the hospital" the man informs me before closing the ambulance doors with y/n inside... i look up and catch a glance of her, the paramedics attach her to machines and talk amongst themselves. the large vehicle zooms away, with lights and sirens active, the loud noises protrude my brain and cause ringing in my ears.

"mom..." a warm hand is placed on my hand, i look up at my daughter with a mess of an appearance. my face is glazed with fresh tears and my skin puffs red, a repulsing headache pounds in my skull and my breath quivers. "let's go to the hospital" chloe speaks gently, i almost hear myself in her... i gulp and sniffle before steadying myself onto my weak legs, with the help of chloe's wheel chair. we walk to the car but i stare into the nothingness... my mind whooshing, with only thoughts about y/n.

chloe and i situate ourselves in my car before i rush to the hospital, at this point every individual witnessed my outburst... but i haven't a care, i just need y/n, she was so close to me today... and that's how i want her to be for the rest of our lives.

A/N

just a disclaimer to those who are easily influenced...
what has been representing here is not sane and definitely not a healthy relationship. all of this is fiction and for the story.

thank you so much for reading and i hope you enjoyed this update <3