what is up?

Another morning of walking through the seemingly never ending muggy weather. Not that I mind, the rain and fog are my favourite weather conditions. I've acquired a fondness for the sorrowful sentiment that pairs with the view of fog hushing over the dormant green giants.

After a week of which the event between Diane and I happened there hasn't been anything similar to happen.

I've dreamt about kissing her and I've contemplated telling her but I don't want to ruin our friendship in anyway and I'm not understanding of my feelings.

Approaching the front door of Diane wonderful home, I remain in my head, that's where I've spent the few days past but it's a darling place where reality is whatever I desire it to be.

I've grown comfortable and I no longer knock when I enter. (insisted by Diane).

I guide the door open gently to an oddly quiet house "Diane" my voice echoes through the home only to be met without a response. "Diane" I call out.

Panic arrises, the lack of answer causing my mind to swirl into a storm of overwhelming scenarios of which the worsts has happened to Diane.

I storm into the house and rush up the stairs. Chloe's door is shut but Diane's remains open, without hesitation i enter the bedroom "Diane" I call out.

"Jesus" she jumps and throws a hand over her chest. I freeze when my eyes are welcomed with the view of Diane in a towel and small water drops falling down her marvellous body. She must have been in the shower, I fail to halt the stare that I guard on her . "Sweetheart, you scared Me" she exclaims but adds a light chuckle at the end.

"Oh, sorry, I thought- never mind it's stupid" I attempt to exit the room but diane strong hold secures my wrist in her hand.

"Tell me sweetheart"

"Well, I just thought something bad happened to you" my eyes glue to the floor and I chew nervously on the inside of my cheek.

"Awe baby, you're so sweet. I'll be down in a minute, go make yourself comfortable" she smiles warmly and strokes my arm with her affectionate hands.

"thank you, see you in a minute" I smile and exit the room.

Once I've retreated from dianes sight, I sigh in an attempt to steady my quaking breathing. Now my brain vaguenesses with the sight of Diane's body of perfect.

After  walking down the stairs I seat myself at the dining room table and let the daydream of Diane play over again in my brain. After what felt like three minutes but was probably closer to twenty, dianes call for Chloe echoes throughout the home.

"Coming" she replies, soon I hear the stair lift buzz and stop at the bottom floor.

"Y/N" Diane calls me to the front door.

"I'm coming" I answer quickly and dash to her place.

"We're going to get some groceries come on sweet pea"

We all promptly gather in the old styled Volvo, Diane aids Chloe in the act of entering the vehicle but projects a 'helping because I need to, not because I want to' expression. Nothing of which I can think of explains why Diane would behave in such demeanour. Chloe had done nothing against her and is acting in her usual comportment, do matter what, I know something is odd.

The drive to the store lingers with a cold silence, even though dianes hand lies on my thigh and her enchanting fingers grasp me delicately, I know something is agitating her. My body reacts newly to Diane's position, tingles scatter over my skin and my breathing doesn't steady. I remain in this state until we arrive at our destination.

"Everyone ready" Diane asks as Chloe is now set up in her wheelchair and we are ready to enter the store.

"Mhm" I hum

"Sure mom" Chloe sighs. Diane glares at her with a icy side eye but warmly takes my hand.

"Hold my hand, it's busy" she tells me, I resist not as I'm excited to hold her hand. I think I'm truly starting to fall for her, despite my efforts to deny my feelings, I've stumbled deep into the forest of love and with no compass to guide me, I'm lost. Lost in my emotions, how much do I like her? Could I love her? She likes me...? Without anyway out I let myself wander, now there is no escaping my need for love, and all I want is Diane's.

A/N
not much going on in this chapter but you're all going to like the next one!!!