She wouldn't do that... would she?

Y/n's perspective ~

"in a moment angel, how about some tea?" Diane asks me as her hands hold a firm grip on mine. as tired as i am, tea doesn't sound too bad, maybe it will help me relax.

"sure!" i cheer, at this moment would typically be when one would stand up but i'm too lost in diane's eyes. it isn't until i feel a slight tug on my wrist and see her stand that it clicks. i stand with her, the kind woman wraps her arm around my waist and guides me to the dinning table. my head rests on her shoulder and my eyes fall, but only for a second before she pulls out a chair. my eyes bolt open suddenly, earning a chuckle from diane.

"sit my love!" she laughs and leaves for the kitchen. im too exhausted to hold my head up, i let it lay on the cold surface of the table. it's hard to keep myself awake but i try my best, every thought in my mind slowly slips away as i relax more. i hear the faint shake of a pill bottle, diane must have a headache.

"here you are!" diane returns after 5 minutes with a steamy glass of tea. it looks a bit foggy, this irks worry in me.

"why is it foggy?" i ask with a sleep laced voice

"it's just the sugar dissolving sweetheart." diane replies, she leans against the table while sitting in a chair just adjacent to me. her arm is being used to support her chin while the other is resting on her lap.

i trust diane, i know she can have her moments but she's never done anything to harm me and i'd like to hope she'd keep it that way. i nod my head and bring the warm vessel to my lips. the heated liquid pours into my mouth, spreading hints of citrus to flourish amongst my tastebuds. fulminating in my mouth with every sip. "good girl, thats it drink up." diane rubs my back as i down the last bit of liquid in the cup. she takes it from my hand once i'm finished and makes her way to the kitchen.

i go to get up with her but my feet give out and i fall to the floor, it isn't until now when the world starts spinning. everything lags in my vision, a figure comes towards me. it must be diane, she assists me to a standing position and i use her as a crutch and limp along to wherever she guiding me. my throat is dry and i have a horrid headache, what could be happening? now as i collect my thoughts a small idea pops into my head. could she have drugged me? no she couldn't have.... could she?

we walk through the kitchen, my eyes move frantically in search of an answer. it isn't until then when i spot a large bottle of pills; but not regular ones. these ones looked scary. oh god... she did drug me. i attempt to remove myself from her clutch but i'm unsuccessful. we near the basement door and my fight for flight mode kicks in. i push myself away from her and bolt to the front door. everything spins, im riddled with cold shivers and nothing makes sense. im almost at the door when BANG. the floor rises to my feet and it's cold surface presses against my hot cheek. "NO" diane yells while bolting towards me.

whatever drug im under induces me more, while losing the fight of sojourning my consciousness, i slip into an endless darkness; leaving my fate to be decided by the universe.

-

i rise abruptly from a spine chilling nightmare, only to find that it was anything but. beads of sweat run down my forehead and a hot sensation burns across my body. my eyes flutter open slightly, giving myself a few seconds to adjust to the light of the room. when i finally open them, i see that i am surrounded by cement walls and selves. im resting on a very hard matrice, i feel slight twinges in my wrist causing me to investigate. when i look at each arm i see faint bruising around my wrists. meaning i was once handcuffed. but when? for how long? how long was i asleep for?

after moments of contemplating, enough courage is built up to force me off the bed. i use my arms as support and push myself into a sitting position. then, my legs get thrown over the edge of the bed and my feet hit the cold floor with a smack. more fear bubbles in the pit of my knotted stomach as i see that i am in fact not wearing my own clothes. did diane change my clothes? did she do anything else...? no, i know her. she could never do that, but then again she did drug me and lock me in a strange room. "enough thinking, i have to get out of here" i mutter to myself and stand.

i approach the door and wiggle the handle a bit, it moves slightly but won't budge after a certain degree. just as i'm about to get upset it opens, the door swings in my direction and i quickly step out of the way. in the door frame stands a very dishevelled appearing diane. her hair is in a jumble and her eyes project a look of disarray. i stand dumbfounded, absolutely at a loss for words. "you're awake!" she exclaims with an expression of fabricated kindness.

without a word i glance at her, then slightly behind her as the door remains open and the next room is left for my inspection. she catches my eyes move and quickly shuts the door. "no no, none of that. you're safe here baby, there's no need to leave!" she proceeds to step closer to me but i instantly retreat. "no please, im sorry." her eyes well with tears as her hands tremble and her voice quivers.

"let me go... please." i squeak, meeting her eyes with my unnerved pair.

"no." her voice becomes stern and my heart rate accelerates. i make more space in between us by moving back but suddenly my feet fall from under me and i find myself sitting on the bed again. diane runs over and sits beside me, before i can separate myself from her space she grasps my hands. "please, im sorry but you belong with me. you need me." she uses a soothing tone, almost manipulative as i fall under her spell.

"i don't belong to be kept in this room." tears now fall from my eyes while the corners of my lips twitch downward. why would she ever do this? i trusted her so much but now i don't know who she is.

"i know, this isn't forever. i just need to know i can trust you." she nods her head and looks at me with her eyebrows slightly tipped upwards. she holds my hands in a comforting way, the way she knows i love.

"you can trust me." i chew on the inside of my cheek and continue to sob.

"hey, come here, shhh." diane pulls me into her chest and holds me tight, despite the fear im feeling i wrap my arms around her and push myself against her chest.

"i just wanna go home." i cry as the woman holds me. her hands stroke my back and play with the ends of my hair. her sent brings me comfort and familiarity. i know she's locked me down here but maybe, just maybe, she isn't that bad.

"you are home sweet girl." her voice breaks subtly as she squeezes me tighter. "look at me." she whispers and guides my head up by the chin. "i love you, okay?"

"i love you too." my lips quiver with sadness and more tears gather in my eyes, i do love her but i just don't love the things she's done. diane pushes her lips against mine in a kiss as soft as velvet. her lips capture my upper lip and she rests there for only a couple moments before breaking apart.

"just a little longer honey." she says before standing up, im left without her warmth and miss her body against mine. she nears the door and i become panic stricken. i bolt after her but she's too quick and the door is shut.

"no please don't leave me here." i wail and hit the door, i rack my brain for anything that could manipulate her into coming back. i then remember that time she referred to herself as mommy while talking to me, she must have a soft spot for that name.

"mommy?!"