Almost

Finally, the morning couldn't have put in an appearance any sooner. The night was spent tossing and turning on top of my mattress, because of the never ending screaming of my mother and hank having their hourly argument.

I hurl the blankets off of my body, still dressed in yesterday's clothes.

The air, surprisingly, is warm. I remember telling Chloe I would give her my iPod so I walk briskly to my dresser, I ferret through the unkept top drawer to find it along with its charger.

Whilst I'm in my drawer I extricate a fresh pair of panties and a bra, I also grab a new outfit that consists of plain boyfriend jeans and sage green crew neck.

Whilst dressing I think about Diane, her enthusiastic words bring exaltation over my dejected self being.

After I'm dressed I bother not to apply any makeup, generally because I'm too tired but also because I want to part with the house before my mother's footsteps come any closer to my door.

An over whelming panic cascades  through my viens, I rush to my window with adrenaline as the nob of my door twists and the stumbuled footsteps of my mother putter outside my only protection.

Just as I jump onto the window sill the door flies open, the blood rushing through my viens shoots cold and my once rapid beating heart seemingly stops. My brain stops with the rest of my senses until my mother stumble towards me "what do you think you're doing" she slurs.

Without reply I cluster my energy and hop out of the window.

My feet hit the ground with a forceful thud, an aching pain rumbles up my legs but there is no time to recover when my mother exits the front door.
"You get your ass back here" she yells frantically shooting her eyes in every direction in search of me.

With hope that I can get away I dash away from the house "HEY YOU LITTLE BITCH" she roars before chasing after me.

With all of my energy, my legs pump away from my mother, her running comes to a slow and she now has  wheezing breaths struggling to enter and exit her lungs. Her hands rest on her slightly bent knees as she catches her breath. "You-" she huffs.

I don't look back, faster and faster I run until my mother is no longer in view, my throat is dry and I'm dizzy.

Finally my mother is out of sight and screams for me have stopped, I slow my pace and walk tiredly to Diane's house in the gloomy weather.

As I approach Diane's house my joy returns, not much makes me happy, but Diane does. Her whole personality, her nurturing voice and her loving touch.

Just before my hand comes in contact with the door in attempt to knock, it opens instantly to the excited portrait of Diane "oh hi" I say taken back for a moment.

"Hey sweetheart, come in" she greets me and waves her arm in invitation.

Diane's perspective ~

I've been waiting for Y/N to arrive all hours of the morning, so when my eyes laid eyes on her wholesome figure approaching the house I jumped right up to greet her.

I jump up from my seat at the table and   Hurry to the door. Opening it quickly, I'm greeted by a shocked expression from Y/N's  beautiful face, which the bruise only seems to have gotten worse. Poor baby, I wish she informed me on what really happened. "Oh hi" she greets me.

"Hey sweetheart, come in" I wave my arm for her to follow me through the house.

Y/N's perspective ~

Diane leads me through her home into the dining room where Chloe and I complete school work. "Oh hi Y/N" Chloe welcomes me.

"Hi" I answer cheerfully, yesterday when Chloe and I painted we discussed plenty about each other and I'm quite comfortable around her.