Mommy?

My heart beat picks up as I approach dianes house, out of breath and eager to meet the gaze of the mysterious women.

I advance towards the door and lightly knock twice.

The door opens promptly and I lock eyes with the alluring regard of Diane, but her face isn't in its usual soft expression, more so an affrighted portrait. "Honey what happened" she exclaims and holds my cheeks.

My heart sinks remembering the discolouration around my eye "I-I fell" the stuttering in my sentence is causing my story not to sell.

"Come in baby I'll fix you up", my heart flutters at the name and the blush I try so very much to fight the grin that creeps onto my cheeks. she gently takes my hand and guides me through her loving home.

"Where is Chloe" I ask as we enter the kitchen.

"In her room, we didn't want to start without you" she explains. My heart warms at the thought of someone thinking about me "Sit sweetheart" she points to a white painted wooden kitchen chair at the end of a long table, draped with a beige patterned table cloth.

"Thank you" I say airily and take a seat. Diane rummages about the cupboard until she at last finds a first-aid kit.

She lays the plastic container on the kitchen table and throws open its lid, "lets see" she mumbles to herself.

She lifts out a tube of what I presume is cream, "this is going to help with the bruise" she kneels in front of me, before she starts, she lays her hands on my thighs and looks into my eyes "is this okay honey" she asks looking back and forth between my eyes. Nodding lightly, I curse myself, not being able to reply because I'm too mesmerized.
"Okay it might be cold" she chuckles.

"It's okay" I say airily and smile. My body is hypersensitive to her touch and butterflies danse in my stomach.

She squeezes some of the cream onto her finger and starts rubbing it over the bruise. I stare into her deep brown eyes, thick pots of chocolate and honey, with rays of caramel crescent moons surrounding the mysterious behold of her pupils.

Her soft hands sooth my skin, goosebumps cover my arms and my breath seems to be caught in my throat.

She finishes and now meets my stare, she looks at me with admire, but a new feeling arrises when her eyes dart down to my lips. My eyes are soon to follow, I admire her plump, light pink lips.

Every thing seems to move in slow motion, Diane feels to be moving closer, I lock eyes with her once again.
"Hey guys" Chloe says warmly.

Diane jolts back, Now realizing how close she was, a sudden desire for Diane's lips on mine arrises. What are these feelings? What does this mean? Could I like her? No that's impossible, or is it?

"Hey honey are we ready" Diane clears her throat and stands up.

"Mmm Hmm" Chloe hums and catches sight of my black eye. "Are you okay" her voice is full of care and concern.

"Yeah I'm fine" I smile lightly and then turn to Diane, who is stuck in deep thought.

"Mom" Chloe waves her hand in front of dianes face.

"Yes honey let's start" she zones back into reality but still seems to be in thought as we approach the dining room table.

We each place our selves in one of the wooden chairs, Diane gracefully takes a seat beside me.

Carefully, I pull my iPad out of my book bag followed by a thick pink notebook and a blue pen. "You have an iPad" Chloe exclaims.

"Oh yeah, my grandmother bought it" I explain, I open my email to see my assigned work.

"Mom can I pleaseee have an iPad, not even a phone just an iPad" Chloe uses a persuasive tone, but Diane keeps her ground.

"I told you" she sighs "beside this is for work" Diane's pitch seems off, almost an annoyed inflexion.

"Okay" Chloe sighs, with annoyance she opens her books and proceeds to complete work I couldn't even imagine finalizing.

"Show me what you need help with sweetheart" Diane leans over and studies the work link I've pulled up, her cheek is in close proximity to mine.
I loose myself in her gracefulness, her ability to speak in such a comforting tone. "Honey" she zones me back into reality, I'm greeted by her beautiful beam of perfectly white teeth, and the admirable grin that graces her lips.

"Sorry" I chuckle airily "here" I point to a the questions I exasperate to sum.

With an understanding manner, Diane explains the questions with patience, she doesn't get upset when I fail to understand. With my most effortful ability, I try to focus on the work and not what dianes soft, lushes lips would feel against mine. The comfort I would feel falling asleep on her chest, what our bodies would look like moving together, in the dark, as we share affection. "And we are done" Diane declares with a wide smile.

The image of Diane and I fades, and a heavy blush washes over my face. It must have been hours, but with Diane it seemed to feel as if I've only been sitting here for less than 15 minutes. "Thank you" I say quietly and nervously play with the hem of my shirt.

"Mom can you help with this" Chloe buts in.

"Wait a minute Chloe" With agitation in her voice, Diane shows a side I have yet to see from her, a side I don't like.
I stare into space, sometimes I can't control it, now is one of those times. Whenever someone raises their voice or gets upset I seem to distance my mind, but my own reality is pulled away by the soft touch of dianes index finger lifting my chin to welcome the view of her dangerously loving eyes. "You did great" she plants a gentle kiss on my forehead as she stands. "Stay for dinner" she asks resting her hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want to be a bother" I try to protest but I'm quickly shot down by the insistence of Diane.

"Don't worry about it, what's your favourite meal?"

"Mm chicken nuggets" I cheer.

"Are you sure honey, I can make a meal" she suggests.

"What ever is fine" I shrug and stuff my almost dead iPad into my stuffed bag.

"Ok baby, mommy will make you some chicken nuggets" she says before casually walking to the kitchen. My heart jumps as the words leave her mouth, mommy? It's probably because she's used to talking to Chloe, but Chloe doesn't call her mommy?

I turn to her, she wears a confused mug as she stares at her mother in the kitchen. "Do you want to paint some pants? I brought my supplies" Chloe's attention is now put onto me, her facial expression changes into a softly portrait.

"Yeah lets go!" Chloe fleetly undoes the brakes on her wheelchair and makes way to the stair case, throwing my bag over my shoulder, I chase after her.

Once she onto the stair left we proceed to approach the upper level of the home, I've yet to see the upstairs of the house. I wonder where Dianes room is? I wonder if I'll ever be able to fall asleep on her chest? God Y/N you can't think like this, she's Chloe's mom and will never like you, you're way too young.

"Come on" Chloe reaches the top of the stairs and swiftly rolls off the useful lift. I follow closely behind her until we enter her room.

A/N
Hi!! It's been a while sorry, I have a plan for this story and I think you guys will like it! Thank you so much for reading, my mental health hasn't been the best and it's been harder for me to write but I'll try to update as frequently as possible!! <3