Tidying up

Diane's perspective ~

"hi darling" i enter my room to see y/n sleeping soundly on my bed, her delicate body rests overtop of the sheets. I frown a little, wishing she would have made herself comfortable. I approach the bed and a small drop in my heart takes place as I see y/n's face drenched with tears and her eyes read and puff.

slowly, I near the bed and place myself on the edge of the mattress next to y/n. subconsciously, I glide my thumb over her cheek, which is blanketed with a salty layer of tears. I feel myself growing down some at the thought of my baby bring sad. before I can leave without disturbance, the sweet girl shifts in her sleep before her eyes flutter open, looking tired and soar. the corners of her lips turn downwards and her emotions rise up once again as her eyes drown in salty water.

Y/n's perspective ~

I've just finished crying as I lay half asleep on Diane's bed. Too many emotion accumulate in the pit of my stomach, causing the horrific urge to empty my gut in order to aid me from the ever blossoming sentiment; that shall remain unnamed for their labels are indistinguishable while they melange in the depths of my body, escaping only through my eyes. "it's okay honey, come here" diane opens her arms and i enter her embrace. she has a warm presence that makes me feel safe.

"don't make me go home please" i sniffle and burry my head in her chest.

"baby this is your home" she coos and rubs my back, im too exhausted to carry on a conversation so i let out a near whisper "thank you" before my eyes grow heavy and my body enters complete relaxation. i know realize that my feelings for her are more than wanting to be comforted and parented... i love her.

Dianes perspective ~

i wait until y/n has fallen asleep before tucking her delicate body under the sheets. she stirs uncomfortable and her hands reach out in search of something. i tuck the extra pillow beside her and she holds onto it tight. resting her head and nuzzling into it, i wish it was me... but i have things to do.

i rise off the bed and approach my dresser, i tuck the few items i brought from her room into the trop drawer before leaving.

"hi mom" chloe is sat at the kitchen table finishing some homework when i enter the room.

"hi sweetheart" i make no conversation nor eye contact before hurrying down to the basement. i fumble down the stairs and rush into the medicine room. it's been ages since i've had to come down here. the dust blankets the shelves of medicines and the damp smell of age hushes into the main living space. i cough a bit, covering my mouth with the inside of my elbow.

i take a few steps into the room, what i'm doing now may seem crazy but- it will all work out in the end.

i start by organizing all the shelves, placing the more intense drugs behind the regular painkillers. i make sure each bottle is in its correct placing and situated neatly; memorizing each one in order to ensure that nobody messes with them.

i proceed to drag an old mattress into the room and settle it on the floor.

i know stand out of breath in the door way, my lungs feeling congested from the amount of dust i've inhaled.

i'm content with what i've put together, this room won't be used for long but i want it to be nice. hopefully y/n won't mind it...

"MOM?" chloe calls for me from the upstairs, breaking my train of thought.

"COMING" i yell and hurry up the stairs.

A/N
sorry for the short chapter, this was rushed so it's kind of messy.

- for those who have already read the one shot this is based off you know what's gonna happen next 😭

-merry christmas eve for those who celebrate christmas :))