Ive got you

"beep beep beep" the irritating sound wakes me from my slumber, my head is pounding and my throat is dry. the bright illumination of hospital lights shines through my tightly shut eyelids. how did i get here? oh.

the grocery store... the crowds of people, diane holding me. it's all a blurry mess in my head, but still scary. where is diane, i want her.

my eyes squint open, taking in my surroundings. it's a small room, with machines and one big window peering into the hallway. people run back and forth, doctors with emergencies, visitors eager to see their family members. it's so scary and god, that beeping sound couldn't be more frustrating. why am i hooked up to all these machines? what happened?

"WHERE IS SHE?!" dianes worried and strained voice echos through the hallways, loud enough to be heard over all the ruckus. next, pummelling footsteps steadily stomp through the crowd.

"ma'am! You can't go in there please stay back" i lift my head to see what is happening, a male doctor is trying to keep diane back as she walks towards my room, with chloe wheeling her wheelchair closely behind her.

diane and i make eye contact, her furious eyes soften into a sympathetic gleam for a second before they return. she pushes the doctor to the ground and darts towards the room. "SHES MY GIRLFRIEND I NEED TO SEE HER" she yells.

chloe rolls toward the waiting room, visibly upset.

girlfriend? what does she mean?... my heart drops with both excitement and nervousness. before my body can have a reaction, my thoughts are cut off my dianes warm hands on my cheeks, her face is close to mine and she's looking over every inch of my face. making sure to address any blemish that could be caused from whatever accident got me admitted into this hospital. "diane?" i whine.

"sweetheart, are you okay?!" she asks frantically while pushing the hair out of my face with shaking hands.

"what," i clear my very dry throat and squeeze my eyes shut "what happened?" my voice is quiet, my thoughts loud; a countless amount of thoughts, all screaming at me to figure out how i got here, why diane said that, and how am i going to get out of this uncomfortable hospital bed.

"shh shhh, it's not important right now" after diane speaks, she frantically looks around the room. for what? i haven't an idea.

she pulls her hands away from my cheeks, leaving me desperate for her presence as i watch her closely. she shakily trails her hands down the wire attached to the beeping machines, that are also attached to me. i can here how rigged her breath is. "we are getting you out of here" she whispers under her breath, almost ti herself. i don't say anything; in fear, i stare into her eyes, my eyebrows knitted together and my chest moving up and down quickly. i open my mouth to speak but she lowers her body to my level again. "nono baby, don't be scared. everything is okay!" her voice is calm, but her body trembles. she must know something i don't?

out of nowhere, a group of doctors rush through the door. "there she is" says the doctor diane formally pushed to the ground in a search to find me. one of the doctors - a tall male, with great muscle mass - nods his head and walks toward diane.

"ma'am i'm going to have to ask you to leave" his voice is deep and intimidating. he gently grabs her arm as diane as her back towards him. she smiles at me and taps my nose before taking a deep breath and turning around.

"this is ridiculous! who says i'm not allowed in this room!" she argues with the man, while sharing glances with the other doctors.

"i'm sorry, she's getting discharged later and we need to contact her parents." the man explains while still trying to take her out of the room. 

the fear that gushed through my body is overpowering; oh no. that's the last thing i want, i'd prefer to stay in this god forsaken hospital. "my p-parents?!" i push myself up on my elbows and try to capture as much oxygen my lungs can contain with my trembling breath.

diane stops arguing and looking in my direction, my breathing becomes an action out of my control; ever quickening. i gasp and feel my throat getting tighter.

"m-my parent no!" i squawk, and feel a salty layer of water cover my eyes. i can't go back there, im so happy with diane; i only want her.

"i'm sorry sweetheart, it's protocol" the doctor sighs.

i no longer contain my emotions, they all poor out. like an uncomfortable waterfall, one with unbearable pressure and im at the bottom of it. being drowned by what i can't control. my breath is taken from me, and i can't seem to regain oxygen. my chest pumps up and down and my sons fill the room.

diane rushes over to me, she places her body beside mine and takes me into her arms. i nest into her, burying my face in her chest and soaking her shirt with my tears. i feel her warm skin against mine and her hands cradling my body closer to hers. she pulls my legs over hers and holds be like a small child. "shhh i've got you sweet girl" diane whispers and rubs my back.

her presence already brings a calming affect, my breathing slowing returns to normal, yet still shallow; before i drift into slumber.

A/N
hi everyone! i've missed you all :( i'm hoping to start updating again! i've missed writing and all your guys kind words.

thank you sooooo much for everything 💕