Leaving

Diane's perspective ~

"what do you mean you have to contact her parents?!" i whisper-yell. im furious, she's not safe with her parents and yet they insist on sending y/n with them.

im standing in y/n's hospital room, arguing with this very unhelpful doctor. it's not like they know anything, i could aid her better than them. she doesn't need heart monitors or iv fluids, she needs love, and embrace.

"i'm sorry ma'am! im untitled by law to inform her gardiens" the young doctor shrugs, im no longer allowed to be in contact with the doctor who directed chloe and i into the hospital. oh right, chloe. i haven't seen her since i came to help y/n. after y/n fell asleep in my arms i held her tight until the doctor came to check in about five minutes ago. it's not that it means much, chloe can take care of herself, since she insists on doing so at home.

"this is ridiculous" i huff and throw my arms, letting them fall loosely to my side.

"yea well, there's nothing i can do about it" the doctor speaks toneless before exiting the room.

i scramble my mind looking for an answer, and that's when it comes to me. i turn towards y/n and then to the clock just above her on the wall. at 7pm the nurses go to attend to their patients; leaving one nurse to watch the ER. if i can get y/n past her, we can leave without problem.

the clock reads 6:30pm, leaving thirty minutes for me to collect chloe and wake y/n. i hesitate for a moment before leaving, i walk over to y/n and kiss her forehead. she whines a bit and shifts, she'll be waking up soon. admiring her beautiful complexion and swipe a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "don't worry sweet-tooth, mommy will be back soon" i whisper before storming out of the room like a mad-women.

i rush into the waiting room, dodging elders and medical staff. "CHLOE" i yell frantically, in a rush to get out of this hospital as i am running out of time.

"mom?" she looks up, then around the room; clearing embarrassed. rolling towards me, i can sense her annoyance with the whole situation.

"we are leaving, come on" i instruct and move myself to behind her wheelchair. i grip the handless and get ready to push her when, she secures her hands on each wheel; making it impossible for me to continue without hurting her.

"mom, what's happening?" she asks, turning her body towards me and looking into my eyes. her eyebrows furrow and creases are present on her forehead. she speaks in a worried tone.

"chloe can you just trust me this once, please? i love you, i'll explain to you in the car" i sigh and hopefully look into her eyes. she hesitantly nods and situates herself properly in the wheel chair.

i cruise through the halls, coming closer and closer to my baby's room. i get judgemental looks from passing patients but i'm not one to care, all that's on my mind is
y/n.

i reach her door, opening it slightly and peering in. she's sleeping soundly, like a baby. i hate to wake her, but she'll be happier with me. she needs me.

i let chloe go and approach y/n's bed. kneeling, i rub the upper part of my sweethearts arm. she whimpers a little and turns onto her side, facing opposite of me. i smile widely to myself and whisper to her: "y/n honey, it's time to leave"

"hm?" she answers, still mid-deep into sleep.

"come here honey" i scoop my arms under her and pick her up, cradling her in my arms. she nuzzles her head in between my breasts, something she always does when i hold her close. i chuckle softy and swipe my index finger over her cheek, she is opens her eyes and looks up into mine. "she's so cute" i think to myself. "hi sweetie, it's time to leave now. we are going to go home" i explain to her, and she is sleepily batting her eyes.

Y/n's perspective ~

im woken up by two arms under me, then the swaying feelings of being lifted into their arms. i recognize the presence, it's diane. stray butterflies whoosh inside of my stomach and pitters in my heart cause a great amount of rosey red to flush over my cheeks. i nuzzle into her chest, never wanting to leave. next her index finger glides over my cheek, electricity pulses through my veins and to the place of contact. i open my eye and look into hers, i could look into her eyes forever. still tired, i blink slowly, wanting to return to bed. "hi sweetie, it's time to leave now. we are going home" diane greets me.

i nod and sigh, "home?" i ask, not too sure where home is exactly.

"my house, home" she replies, her words laced with excitement and understanding. smiling, i nod and diane lowers me onto my feet. i stand, almost losing my footing. i grasp diane for support, she catches me and chuckles slightly. "careful baby!" she teases.

"sorry" i reply quite embarrassed.

diane looks at the clock, while chloe picks at her nails. disregarding the situation. "okay, it's 7pm, your discharge time. let's get you home princess" diane cheers and stabilizes me with her body. the doctor never put me in a gown because my condition wasn't severe enough. i never did get told what happened, i must ask later.

i slip on my shoes and we - including chloe - leave the room.

Dianes perspective ~

chloe, y/n and i are exiting the room now, im holding onto y/n's hand. i start to quicken my pace, y/n starts to trip up but doesn't say anything. i avoid eye contact with whom we pass, they all turn back and stare for a second before continuing with their days. "mom why are we going so fast?!" chloe huffs and pushes her wheelchair quickly beside me.

"shh it's okay, i have an appointment i need to be at and i'll be late if we don't hurry" i lie, it's not like i could tell her we are taking y/n without consent of the doctors.

we pass the nurses station, my heart is pounding and small specks of black appear in my vision. all events seem to be partaking in fast forward and slow motion, at the same time.

we stay unnoticed, most likely blending in with the other crowds of rushed patients waiting to visit their families.

finally, the exit.

i rush out of the hospital, looking back only once to check if we've been spotted by a doctor. there seems to be nothing, no trouble. "okay girls, let's get in the car" i say cheerfully, happy with the outcome of my plan.

y/n climbs into the passenger seat and rests her head on the window, poor girl. she'll feel better once we are home, i'll take care of her. i assist chloe, "thanks mom" she says with a genuine smile.

"of course" i stroke her head, usually i would tap her nose as well but, i don't. not knowing why, i just haven't any love for her. i've found someone much more worthy of my assistance.

i close chloe's door and walk to mine, the parking lot is almost empty and the sky is gloomy. i take one deep breath of the cold air, happy to have my girl back.

"THERE SHE IS" one male doctor runs out of the hospital, accompanied by a police officer. my heart drops, they know. oh no. i look at y/n, she's asleep already, chloe not paying attention and picking at her nails.

i gulp and hurry into the car, slamming the door behind me. the ignition doesn't start as first, leaving me to panic. the police officer jogs towards the car, "shit shit SHIT" i yell and hit the steering wheel and turn the key once more.

the car starts, luckily. i put the car in reverse and slam on the gas. the police officer starts running towards the car, but i drive away before he can approach the car.