V A A N I : part III

V A A N I

"Kuch khaas hai didi?" Laxmi asked me as she set the last dish to dry and watched me. I was making the dough for Gulab Jamun and was working to make it silky soft.

"Ha, Piyu ka result aaya hai. So, Rakhi bhabhi wanted to have something sweet," I smiled at her as I began rolling the dough into tiny balls.

"First aayi kya?" She asked drying her hands on her saree.

"Nahi but last bhi nai aayi"

Laxmi smiled at me before taking her leave. I continued rolling all the balls when I heard rustling outside the kitchen. Bhavesh walked in with a hop in his step and lips pulled up in a smile. Before I could ask the reason behind such a happy face, he buried his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled.

"What the hell Bhavesh?" I let out as I tried to wiggle out of his grip. "Mom and bhabhi are in the other room"

"No, they aren't" He said, tightening his hold on me.

"They're preparing to leave to go to the tailor" He informed his breath hot on my shoulder.

"They haven't left so please go away" I gave him once nice jab in the stomach and felt his arms loosen around me. He took a step back with narrowed eyes a finger over his heart pretending to soothe it.

I rolled my eyes.

Rakhi bhabhi walked into the kitchen at the same moment. She filled a glass of water and watched me and Bhavesh.

"You're early today, Devar ji" She commented as she finished drinking water.

"Yes, I actually have a head ache so came early" Bhavesh explained while avoiding eye contact. He still couldn't lie fluidly making me chuckle. Rakhi bhabhi smiled at him before nodding in understanding and turning to me.

"Do you not want to come?" She asked with a smirk.

"Bhabhi..."

"I am kidding! Enjoy alone time at home today" She placed her hand on my head for a brief moment before walking out the kitchen.

Bhavesh waited until he heard the click of the main door before he engulfed me in his hug again. I couldn't deny that I didn't melt a little when he peppered kisses on my shoulder and kept his hands tightly around me. I giggled while trying to get out of his hold but he was in no mood to let go.

"Let me wash my hands first!" I exclaimed.

Begrudgingly he let me walk to the sink to wash my hands but refused to let go. He reminded of a fussy child not leaving his mother. When I finally turned to him, I saw his oval face brighten as he smiled widely at me.

"Come" He took my hand in his and dragged me out in the living room. He proceeded to play some music on the Bluetooth speaker leaving me to wonder what he was up to.

A moment later when the melodies started, I felt a blush creep up my cheeks.

Tum hi Ho sung by Arjit Singh started playing and Bhavesh wasted no time in pulling me to his chest. He placed my left hand on his shoulder and took my right hand in his hand.

His other hand on my bare waist was sending shivers down my spine and making me feel like a newly wed bride. He began swaying us at the perfect pace, looking into my eyes and never letting his smile drop one second.

"I thought you had a headache" I teased and watched him throw his head back laugh. As the voice of Arjit Singh began singing, Bhavesh leaned forward and placed his forehead against mine.

"I have one when you're upset with me"

"I'm not upset with you" I shook my head and heard him sigh. Music surrounded us making nostalgia wash over my memories. This was the same song Bhavesh used to propose to me back in our college days.

I still remember that day well, it was traditional day in the college and I was wearing a maroon and green saree and my eyes were on Bhavesh for the entire day. He looked ravishing in his black kurta. At the end of the day when all of us friends had visited our favorite ice cream place, Bhavesh had kneeled in front of me with this song playing in the background.

Ever since that day all Bhavesh has given me were good memories.

I was happy to have such a wonderful husband. Sure, our lives had got a bit boring after marriage but this didn't mean that our love had reduced. I still drooled when I saw him clean shaved with a smirk and sunglasses on his handsome face.

"No you are" Bhavesh interrupted my train of thoughts.

"I am not" I tried reasoning as I closed my eyes and relished the feeling of us dancing together. "I was making gulab jamun for you back there"

"Liar," Bhavesh murmured. "It's all for Piyu"

"Why do think I chose to make my husband's favorite Gulab jamun?"

Bhavesh didn't reply but instead slipped a hand behind my back and held me tighter as he began swaying us more.

"You think we should do this while rain pours over us?" He asked.

"You want to recreat Aashiqui poster, huh?"

"Mmm,"

"We don't have a jacket though"

"I'll buy one then"

"You will?" I pulled back a bit to look at him. He nodded slowly and although it's a very ridiculous thing we're discussing I still felt my heart pick up pace.

"My queen, I will bring all the treasures in this world for you"

I laughed freely at that.

"You don't need to do that"

"Want to hear good news?"

I narrowed my eyes at him knowing very well 'good news' he was referring to.

"No, no, I'm not talking about family plan babe" He said while placing my head on his chest and running his fingers through my hair.

"You know Gupta uncle living opposite us?"

"Yes, isn't he shifting next month?"

"Yes." He inhaled deeply. "I asked father and have finalized something"

I looked at him suspiciously as I raised my head quickly.

"Finalized what?"

Bhavesh looked into my eyes as he replied.

"For us"

I blinked at him not understanding at first. I tipped my chin low and watched him through my lashes. He squirmed a bit and bit his lip.

"If you say yes, we'll shift there" He confessed.

My heart stopped for a minute at that.

"We?"

"Yes!"

"You're not joking?"

"No!"

Suddenly, I felt light as air. My eyes burned as fought back tears.

"We'll finally have a space for ourselves." Bhavesh's eyes gleamed with happiness. I stopped and grabbed his face in between my hands. "You could finally take as many classes as you want. We'll have our own bedroom and everything."

"Are you sure?" I asked feeling a bit breathless.

"Yes, Vaani! All that's left is for you to say yes."

"You really think I would say no to something you do for us?"

I didn't realize tears had slipped from eyes but Bhavesh wiped them away. He bent forward and pressed a kiss on my cheek. In that moment I realized, marrying him was the best decision of my life.

***************

you guys!!! If you like the story, please share it with your friends and support this.

Also, how were Bhavesh and Vaani?