#7-- Home Sweet Home ✔

Ashna's P.O.V.

Mondays are good for new beginnings and fresh starts. But my mind and heart has planned to reel over the past.

I can't stop thinking about last night, the dinner, his look, those sneaky glances, the way he moved his fork on the plate, his brushing his hair, his sitting posture, his brown eyes... Oh God! He is still the same.

His voice can still make my stomach tingle. How is that even possible? I should hate him and give him the evil eye but here I'm thinking about him and blushing and these traitorous butterflies are unstoppable.

But one thing I couldn't get over with was the way he looked at me. Why did he look at me like that? That look shouldn't be meant for me. That look made me fall for his charms years ago and I can't let that happen again.

Overthinking toys the woman's mind.

My little daughter was in love with photography and left me alone to take my frustrations out on my books. Avery makes me forget about all my problems and good and bad memories because when we are together we make only good memories.

My whole house is lit with small chinese lanterns except my library where I am sitting right now.

Picking out a romance novel by Danielle Steel, I started reading awhile ago. Now and Forever was the name of the novel. Danielle Steel is one of my favorites. All her stories leave a mark on you, it is that amazing.

I was so engrossed in my book that I didn't realize all the lanterns went off in the house, as well as the lights in the library. This is pretty strange though.

Let me tell you, this is the first time all the lights went off in my cottage and it is creeping me out a little. No sane person likes complete darkness.

Crockery fell in the kitchen and I couldn't find any candles at the time. I checked the drawers in the hallway but found none. I'm sure I had stocked them last week.

I entered the kitchen and to my great surprise all the windows were open, when I remember perfectly that I closed them. I sensed danger and ran to switch on the security alert. I hope all this advanced security works because this is the first time I would be using it. And these security systems cost me a fortune!

I pressed the buttons three times and nothing happened. Dang! I should pet Great Danes for security, that would be better safety than this.

Tap. Tap. I felt someone tapping my shoulder. But I'm least bothered to answer that person. I've a serious issue to handle. I was focused.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Move!" I pushed the hand away from my shoulder.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"What the..." realization dawns over me. My eyes went wide and my body stiffens.

There was no one else except me in the house, then who is this? Shît!

I turn around and my eyes met with a brown pair of eyes.

My body relaxes at the sight of the person in front of me and he starts laughing, hysterically.

"You scared me!" I said while breathing heavily. My eyes were still wide and my heart was palpitating.

"I wonder how you became the owner of such big companies. You're still a scared mouse, Di." He goes into hysterics again.

"Ed." I hit his chest but he still laughs like a mad man.

He hugs me then. Christ! My little brother is taller than me now and a very handsome grown-up boy. I couldn't help but smile and cherish the hug, he was the closest to my heart and always will be.