#11-- Masquerade. ✔

Ashna's P.O.V.

Today, stop and take a look at you. Be proud of all that you do and all that you are!

Tonight is the success party of my fashion show. The Masquerade Ball.

If I was the old Ashu then Annie would push me through the door of my room to go to the party. But here I am, the new me, organizing a social event, a masquerade ball.

My mom gifted me tonight's gown for the ball. I have no words to describe the beauty of this gown, its beyond beautiful. The golden hand embroidery on the full hand sleeves, till the waist was beautifully done on the delicate fabric of midnight blue with golden zari borders. The mask complimented the extra-ordinary outfit which was golden with dark blue feathers. Three words- I love it!

"Momma, you look gorgeous, I know. Take a lot of photos so that I can see it later."

"Sure darling." I smiled warmly at my daughter.

"Hey princess!" Lan spoke excitedly.

"Yo!" Avery exclaimed, making the two of us laugh.

"You sure about it, Lan?" I asked for the millionth time.

"More than sure. What a lucky guy I am, to have a date with the princess. Don't ruin it Ashna." Lan faked a sad face. I gave him an eye roll.

"Ice-cream! Ice-cream!" Avery jumped in excitement.

"There you go." I said.

"Come on princess. Say bye to momma." Lan spoke.

"See you momma. I love you."

"Love you too baby. Take care." I told her and the Limo left for the party. Lan and Avery waved us bye as I did the same.

---------

"Mom!"

"Sweetheart!"

Mom and I hugged each other like long lost mother and daughter. I kissed her cheeks.

"Ashu darling." Mr. Raichand- Pa; engulfed me in a bear hug. My step dad was huge, and when I say huge means really huge. I almost disappeared in his arms. My step dad is a very jolly man. All the wines and all sorts of alcohol in the party was made in his wine industry.

"You look stunning!" Pa beamed at me.

"Thanks Pa." I smiled at him.

"She is my baby girl, after all." Mom said proudly.

All three of us smiled.

"Oh my God! Look at the woman there!"

I immediately turned to see who the new voice belonged to.

Mr & Mrs. Singhania.

Roy's parents were one of the most adorable and re-knowned oldie in the country, calm people and happy with life. This couple sets a very good example to the new generation.

I walked towards them and Mrs. Singhania greeted me with a kiss on my cheek, I did the same with her. And shook hands with Mr. Singhania.

"This is a great masquerade party. Just like old traditional style." Mr. Singhania said, seemingly impressed with the set up.

"Congratulations, on the success of the new Basic design collections." Mrs. Singhania wished me. Mrs. Singhania was the first brand embassador for the Old Is Gold Collection. That's how we knew each other so well.

"Ah, everyone knew it would be a grand success." That was Mr. Raichand speaking now, patting my shoulder.

Social gathering and parties are not my type of place. In fact, till my teenage years there was no chance of attending such grand parties. Growing up in a middle class family, never gave me an opportunity to aquaint with people. It's my fault too, I was always a nerd who was busy with books and locked myself inside from the outside world. Therefore, here grows the awkwardness.