#24-- What Are We? ✔

Ashna's POV.

Do you miss yourself?

Do you miss the person you were before all the betrayals, heartbreaks, pain and sorrow?

I do.

Is this even normal to feel like this? I ask myself. Normal is mainstream. My subconscious answers my question.

I wonder, what would've happened if seven years back I didn't meet Roy? What would've happened if my father wasn't such a bad example of a parent? What would've happened if Roy didn't ditch me?

Ugh.... why am I thinking all this?

Knock! Knock!

It was my P.A. "Mam? May I come in?"

"Come in."

My P.A. came in with a huge bouquet of white roses. The bouquet hid her small, fine body behind.

"Someone left this for you at the reception." She said.

"Who sent them?" I ask, sensing that one of our business dealers might have sent that.

"Anonymous."

I gave her an incredulous look. Seriously? Did I pay her for her stupidity? What if these flowers contain some malicious virus? What if there is bomb in that bouquet holder? Nowadays they fit bomb in a cow's stomach so a flower bouquet is nothing.

Being the good hearted boss, I didn't say her anything and let her go. "Keep it in the table."

I loved white roses. A few people know about it. Who can send me this beautiful piece of heaven?

After my P.A. left, I savoured the smell and the freshness of the white roses.

There was a small sparkling blue piece of paper. It was tiny in size. If the paper wasn't sparkling then it would have gone unnoticed.

I opened the piece of paper and it was written in a very familiar handwriting.

"What are we?"

--R.

Roy.

What does he mean? Weird!

Today morning when I woke up to make breakfast, he was already gone without leaving a message. I wondered why? But came up with bo specific answer.

He was done with the sweet time that you both spent last night. My inner self snapped.

I shut my inner voices and focused in my present.

What are we?

Friends? No. Its more.

Aquaintances ? Probably, yes.

Lovers? Never.

Is he confused like me about the status of our relationship or just playing up again?

--------

The day was downright boring. I almost dozed off. The office was eerily silent and it was only lunch time.

The season is off. My deals are ahead of this completion time, my workers are working with generous heart.

Annie was on her trip to Jamaica with Parth. Avery is spending most of her time with Lan and her new school friends. Lan is her new best friend. Everyone is happy and here I'm bored with my ass on this leather chair and dozing off.

Do I sound like a CEO of this great fashion company?

"Ashna?" Shay came in.

"Yeah?" I replied in an extremely bored tone.