Epilogue. ✔

(It would be fantastic if you leave an honest feedback at the end of this epilogue, about the whole story in the comments. It'll mean a lot to me!
Thanks for sticking by the book till the end.)

----------------

Roy's POV.

Forever for lifetime doesn't make sense.

Forever can be for a moment. Forever can be beyond eternity.

Three months back nothing made sense on that unfortunate day. Nothing makes sense now. I just know life is short and we don't have time to waste. Screw forever!

People say when you lose a person only then you realize that person's worth. Death almost won over. I've seen death in front of my eyes.

When she took her last breaths, my world was crashing down in front of me. I prayed that God takes me away with her.

I have wasted seven years of my life. I could've been with her and faced the world. I could've stayed beside her when she was facing her problem. I could've helped her start her business. We could've gone to college together. I left her when she needed me the most.

I regret everything. I regret the decision I made those years back. I regret the way I lead my life. I regret letting her go. I regret how recklessly I behaved.

She was the only good thing that happened to me seven years ago. Everything I did was bad. My friend circle was bad, I wasted money on drinks and sluts.

At that time, keeping her close meant lowering my social status. Keeping her close meant destroying the 'bad-boy reputation'. And so, I let her go.

I so desperately wanted her out of my life that time. And now I want her to stay with me forever.

Time change. People change. Mistakes don't change.

I can't waste anymore time and wait for life to give me another death threat. I'm gonna do this now and do it right.

"You'll do fine. Chill out." Annie said as she placed the food in the table and arranged the napkins.

"Have a beer, man." Parth suggested. "Be a man like me. I wasn't even a little bit scared when I proposed Ann. I knew she will say yes because she is mine. Likewise, Ashna is your."

Annie and I gave him a blank look. "Says the guy who got scared of a rat and dropped the ring." She said.

I chuckled and Parth rolled his eyes. "I still wonder from where did that rat appear?" I though out loud.

"I have no idea." Parth exclaimed dramatically. "That rat ruined my speech. My baby and would-be wife were laughing their guts out." He pointed at the medium sized baby bump on Ann when he said baby. They are to be married after the child birth. They will make a perfect happy family.

"Anyway, Roy it's time." Annie reminded.

---------

I kissed her knuckles as she fluttered her eyes open. I kissed her lips and nose.

"Hi." I whispered and smiled at her.

"Hey." She smiled back.

"How are you?"

"Much better than three months ago." I chuckled at her words.

Her dark brown hair was sprawled in the bed in a mess. She was wearing a thin sky coloured night dress. Her pain killers and medicines make her dizzy. She sleeps almost whole day.

"I wanna make love to you right now." I dreamed and said. "You look so beautiful." Her face flushed.

"I-i.. Can you take me out of this room please? This place suffocates me. For the past 2 months I'm in here. And now I'm almost healed." She made a baby face and pouted as well.