#20-- Club Brinius? ✔

Ashna's POV.

"Tell me."

"It's nothing."

"Will you just tell me?"

"No."

"Roy."

"Ashu."

I glared at him.

Roy handed me my mug of strong, black coffee and sat down opposite of me in the theatre room of my house.

He insisted we go out for coffee to the old 'Coffee House Of Kolkata' or CCD but I prefer home-made coffee and I wanted to have an intense chat.

I didn't forget or forgive him but logically I shouldn't be much bothered. But my heart feels cheated and hurt. Again, he didn't cheat me. We were never together on the first place.

I sipped my coffee and looked at Roy. He was staring at his coffee mug as if it was some code that might save the world from aliens and he was unable to decipher it.

"What is it?" I asked once again. I know something serious happened or else he wouldn't get hopelessly drunk that night and wouldn't do what he did.

God! I can't even think of it.

"Dad has cancer." He mumbled loud enough only for me to hear.

I internally gasped. My fingers felt numb, unable to hold the coffee mug and I looked at him with wide eyes.

I took a deep breath and put my hand on his. He visibly calmed.

The look in his eyes, the pain they held in them could cut slits in my skin. I can't see him like this. He is in so much pain and I gave him more.

I'm such a heartless woman.

He raked his hand through his hair. The pain and exhausion was evident on his face.

I got up from my chair and hugged him. He stiffened at first. I ran my fingers through his hair and he turned around in the chair. His face was pressed in my stomach and his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer.

He was breathing heavily and I tried to calm him down.

Maybe this is the reason why Mr. Singhania told Roy to prove himself? What else could it be?

"Roy?"

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

He looked up at me with intense pain in his eyes. I was breaking inside. After seven years, my feelings are stronger for him than a metal rod. It makes me scared.

"Yeah?" He grabbed my attention.

"Do what your dad said."

"What do you mean?"

"Make him proud. Prove your worth to him." I said.

"I don't understand. Why didn't he tell me? He told me to get away from him when he needed me the most. Why did he do that?" Anger and pain and mixed emotions were eating up Roy's brain. He couldn't think straight.

"I understand, listen to me...."

He shot up from his chair and growled with anger and hurt. "No you don't fucking understand! You're not losing your father, it's me! You don't understand because you and your father weren't close, he was non-existant!"

I stiffened in my place at his harsh words. He hit me right where it hurts, unknowingly. My breath caught in my throat and I felt like I was going to choke to death.