꒱.✧ 運命 ;; sensation of bliss

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

It was the 29th day of August. An end for this year's summer season as the cold breeze of night air whispered during the dead of the night. Alluring moon, its cosmic light had been shimmering, as if as though it was calling you and lulling you to a sweet embrace.

If this was a dream, pay heed to my unfaithful prayers and stir me up from this endless nightmare. Though you deem me sinful, you must admit to yourself that you, unlike in those sacred manuscripts, are nothing but a mad entity who found pleasure in manipulating people's lives.

"Repent and you shall find paradise in a midst of anguish."

A woman, whose hair painted like a starless night sky with her eyes shimmered to reflect the moonlight that have greeted her after lifting her head, had her expression in the most unbearable anger. She could not accept what was declared to her. If not hallucinating, then it can be only concluded that she was not hearing things in her head.

"Paradise, you say?"

Oh, she had one once, that so-called paradise that the voice had offered.

As if she had lost her sense of sanity, her voice has to muse its tone in such great mockery, declaring back to the voice she deemed a sick villain.

"You, yourself, are responsible for destroying my paradise."

The voice, who had been hiding behind the cosmic moon, replied:
"It was never yours to begin with."

That single statement made the woman snap back to her sanity. In split second, she believed she has gained over control in herself, but the reality is, as usual, dressed in sweet illusion to deceive the hearts and minds of those who are desperate to taste victory.

"I have completely forgotten about that fact. Yes, it was never mine, to begin with."

Spoken in such a sullen tone, the woman ran her fingers through her silk hair, tweaking the roots in the expression of unspoken anger running within the depth of her mind. Her chest has a burning sensation that she could not get rid of.

Looking back from those golden years, she realized how blessed she once was to have such a wonderful family in her first eight years of existence. Until her mother was brutally killed, her father died in pursuit of a serial killer, and her younger brother lost his life in the hands of his very own stalker and that was just recently declared.

They were taken at such a slow pace that she has wish they were taken in one sweep.

She would laugh at the thought of her younger self brimming in pure joy in her first eight years, thinking it would last over the years. She was foolish giving in an illusion that would haunt her for eternity.

"Repent and you shall find paradise in a midst of anguish."

The voice had once again echoed, thinking he would successfully control her in the way he wanted everyone to be.

"Never."

The night was immediately filled by the sound of a body dropping underwater. It had awakened the attention of a few passersby and as expected, was followed by a few deafening shrieks.

The water felt saltier more than she anticipated as it forcibly makes its way down to her lungs, filling them in the most excruciating pain as it suffocates her. She felt the gravity pulling her further down the abyss with the sensation of hands gripping her ankles tightly. No matter how desperate she wanted to swim back to the surface, her body slowly descends underwater.

A voice had echoed once again,

"Repent and you shall find paradise in a midst of anguish."

Her pride resonated higher than the voice that has been calling her repeatedly.

"You are deemed sinful. The heavens had declared your punishment."

Cold winter breeze, old books, morning dew, forensic laboratory; they say, in your last moments you can smell the scent of your favorite ones. It seems that they were, in fact, true.

"I shall declare that you, Yvette Sun Sinclair, will live another life to spend your life repenting to all your sins you have committed."

They also say, in your last moments, the last sense to be remaining is hearing.

"Consider this as a blessing and a curse. For you shall remember what kind of a sinner you are."

However, for odd reasons, the woman never got to hear anything about her punishment from the god of life.