꒱.✧ 生死 ;; god's favorite child

trigger warning: being trapped in a car, bomb threat, explosion, blood, gore

◇◇◇

People often detest paperwork. They said it was a labour that only a people with no life would appreciate. A work where your eyes must be stuck to a computer screen, hands on the keyboard, and one would expect a cup of coffee beside them. That is exactly what I look like at this very moment, and I have no idea what kind of feeling I should express whenever I imagine someone teasing me about it.

A telephone rang near my desk. I stood up and went over to pick it up, pulling the speaker to my left ear, I say, "Good morning. This is The Armed Detective Agency. What kind of business do they wish to exchange?"

Silence. The other line did not provide any information regarding their request. However, thinking that they just needed another word from us, I quickly filled the silence.

"I apologize if you ever did give me a word, however, it seems that I am unable to hear you properly. Are you still there, Sir?" I could not help but feel uncomfortable. I kept tapping on the surface, I even feel the vibrations through my nail as I create a subtle noise using my index for me to listen, still waiting for the caller's reply.

They eventually ended the call. They did not leave any messages for me to work on. It felt ominous if one would experience calls like these. Nevertheless, I could not care less. It was likely to be a prank among youngsters. Agreeing with my reasoning, I gently put down the telephone. Then, I heard a knock on the wood.

"Sakuya-san, a client requests you to take their case." Kunikida, who was standing in the doorway, informed me as he handed me over their form of request. He looked over to me and then caught his eyes observing my work desk as if he was quite surprised.

"What is the matter?" I called on his attention. The man in front of me quickly excused himself about it. He says he was only fascinated by how quickly I get my work done. I said it was simply because I got nothing to do and that for each crime we handled; I get to write a report on all cases that Ranpo solved in the past two days. Ranpo's explanation was brief and easy to summarize as he never really wants to talk about how he solves them in such a formal fashion. He said it is something that adults do.