꒱.✧ 明星 ;; to seek a comet's trail

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

We kneel on the tatamis on the floor, sitting directly as we face the leader of the yakuza clan. Furutani Hisoka silently observed us; their eyes scanned from my posture and then run towards Atsushi who was busy familiarizing himself inside the room. His eyes seem to be fixated on a spot where there were visible feline claws on the floor mats.

Hiraoka Fumiko, on the other hand, was separated and was bought into another room. She has not uttered a single word since she ended the phone call. Though her eyes burn in such anger she finds herself unable to express it outwardly, when our shoulders accidentally brushed one another, I felt the cold of a winter's night. She never excused herself nor did I was able to give a word about it. She completely gave me a cold shoulder.

I was having a hard time how to start a conversation and immediately state my intentions upon grabbing this opportunity on meeting them again. I mindlessly stared at my hands; resisting the urge to tap my fingers as a way to cope with this awkward position we find ourselves in. When the young leader spoke, I thanked the heavens for answering my little prayer to break the silence without me initiating anything.

"I apologize for the commotion that happened on our porch earlier. That was rude of me to not properly introduce myself." They said as slightly bowed down to us - to which I gave them back in return to show that we do not mind - and then quickly straighten their posture back. "I was told you called this morning to arrange a meeting with me."

I confirmed their statement and told them that Hiraoka Fumiko had a letter for them as I slide them forward with my two hands. The letter was kept neat and untouched, but Furutani Hisoka only picked it up for them to burn it in front of our eyes. They pulled out a lighter and sparked the fire underneath the sealed envelope, completely burning everything without bothering to read it. I expected this much, and it is not a wonder as they were someone who cut off ties with their previous family.

"My name is Furutani Hisoka." They introduced themselves. There was a weight in their tone as though they were strictly telling us that they were always been under that name. My mind drifted away for a moment; I hope that they did not misunderstand me by giving the letter dedicated to Hiraoka Noriko. "Aren't you the one who agreed not to tell anything to the police? Sakuma-san, was it?"

Upon hearing the name, only then do I remember that they do not bother to remember a name unless it was worthy of their memory.

"My name is Oda Sakuya." The urge to correct my name got heightened yet I keep myself calm and resisted the desire to speak anymore further than that.

"If I recall, the other weasel's name was Rambo." I wanted to laugh a little upon hearing another distorted name. In the corner of my eyes, Atsushi was completely lost. The poor boy was hesitating to ask what was going on and noticed the corner of my lips smiling.